help/advice on replanting

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by WorkingPlacebos, Dec 18, 2005.

1. i have two plants (toddler plants like 4 inches high) and i wanna seperate them and put them in bigger planters..

can i touch the roots (not that i will..but by accident)

i dont know if any one of them is male or female or not, i guess they're not far enough into the process yet

any advice is good thanks in advance

2. help? please? lol

3. Yes you can touch the roots, as long as you dont desturb or break the main root you will be fine.

In the future start you seedlings or cutlings in a dixie cup with holes at the bottom that way you can remove the entire root ball and dirt easily for transplanting into a larger pot.

but no worries yes you can touch the roots, no biggy if some of the smaller roots break, but try not to disturb it too much.

4. PS im taking note of you saying Planter..

Hopefully thats really not what your putting it into as a planter will not be big enough later on when its needed... Best you buy some medium and large plastic pots, because when it comes time to transplant into something bigger again from a planter it will mean you have to dig the plant back out thereby screwing with the root system.

5. no, i just couldnt think of another word for the pot, so i used the word planter