help addiction to oxy

Discussion in 'General' started by cOoLa1D, Oct 8, 2008.

1. hey guys iv been a member of this forum for a few years now, just recently getting more active in the community and i must say this is one of the best forums out there. every1 has been so helpful. thank you every1!

but i need some help.
    iv been doing roxies (30mg oxycodone immediate release) a lot in the past o say 2 months.
    iv been doin them for years but only like once a month usually. up untill about 2 months ago i got a guy who always has them for cheap and hooks me up. (i was fucked when that happned lol)
    iv been doin about 4-8 a day for a month strong now. i wanna stop soon but im well passed the addiction phase. im a full out addict now and ready to start to quit.
    i am starting to lean off them slowly. i figure ill do quarters though out the day when i feel the need for 1 try and not take more then 1 full pill a day. but i kno when i do stop them im going to be really really sick for 3 days or so and wondering if i can take something else to make me feel better or something.

is there anything i can take to help my addiction problem or anything ??
    any help within this topic would be very helpful.

ps i only really need physical advice. im really strong and stable mentally it shouldnt b hard to quit. i just dont wanna get sick.

thank u
    please no negative responses. fuck u live you own live worry about ur own problems.

2. I used Methadone to beat my Opiate addiction. Well, at least beat the shit out of it for a while. I got back into it because I just gave up hope. BUt self medicating on methadone a homie gave me, took away the cravings and eased the withdrawl. Methadone is very dangerous though, one of my best friends OD'd and Died on it a couple years back now, be safe and good luck. The road to addiction is a long, twisted path through hell itself, it aint easy man.

3. Well you will get sick, and I suggest professional help. Just my opinion.

4. the future is a beautiful thing

5. This. Also, Suboxone is good. And it might be a safer route than methadone.

Either way, I suggest getting help, man. I've seen a lot of my friends become addicted and I don't think any of them could quit without professional help.

Don't be ashamed, be proud. Be proud that you've realized your problem and are man enough to do the best you can to solve it.

6. My experience with suboxone when tryin to shake oxy addiction didnt help and roxys are the most addictive in my opinion. Personally i would stop full fledge right now i did oxy every day for a good 3 months and i only experienced mental withdraw. You will be nonstop thinking about it but just keep it up and you can shake it. Plus now that i have shaked it i rarely do it again.

7. ooh methadone dude. Shit will grab you by the balls if youre not careful.

8. i cant seek professional help. thats my last resort considering if my family found out what iv been doing they would prob disown me. they have very strong beliefs against all types of drugs.
    and i cant really handle losing there support. there helping me thru school.
    plus i wanna keep smoking nd getting fucked up and if i go to professional help that isnt going to happen anymore. iv had an addiction before to them not as bad tho. i can handle quitting on my own i just dont wanna get sick from not doing them.

iv heard some talk bout doms? or something??

thank u every1 for their support

9. Well let me say this to you first off.
    When kicking your habit, family is most important.
    I sold to support my habits, when that became not enough I turned into a thief and a liar.
    I was under the grudge hold of any and all pills, my specialty was xanax and klonopin, and of course methadone.

Along with that there was the growing addiction to crack.

When I lost one of my best friends to a pill cocktail of xanax and methadone I lost my mind.
    I then sobered up and realize the horrible atrocities I commited and am now currently paying for by facing around 6 monthes in jail, due to the theiving.

After seeing what these addictions had been doing to my health, my life, my freedom, and my friends I quit.

It was not an easy task at all. I lost mainly all of my friends and I mostly sit at home now, rarely go out other then college classes. What you need to do is do some deep soul searching and realize it isnt the life you want.

If you need any support I'm always here, for now, until sentancing. Feel free to PM me, if needed I'll give you my AIM screen name.

-AFD

10. idk what to say man, i dont see why people start doing shit everyday it just builds up the tolerance and takes the buzz away then your just a junkie doing it to be normal

but yea dude wean yourself off or you could just say fuck it stop cold turkey and take WD in the ass

11. thank u for the advice.
    if i just have to worry about mentally wanting them i should be fine.
    i think ill just go cold turkey and see what happens.
    wats the worst i start doin them again lol
    think positively always
    hopefully i just dont get sick or something.

12. Opiate withdrawal is rarely fatal. Basically, only if you have some underlying sickness or heart condition, or if you are in very poor health, could you die from it. So, cold turkey is definitely possible.

Just remember, however bad it gets, you won't die and it will only get better as time goes on, not worse. :wave:

13. thank u for ur support. my x gf recently od and it made me really realize how much im ruining my own life.
    im going cold turkey next week iv decided.
    ill let u kno if i need any help or advice.
    thank u for caring im going thru a hard time in life now nd need all the help i can get
    +repp

14. #14 KracKerjacK, Oct 8, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2008
    next week? man, if your putting off quitting, then your not ready to quit, cold hard truth, when i was an addict there was a period of 4 months where everyday after i got high it was "ok i'm gonna quit, starting tomorrow" and as soon as tomorrow became today the time to quit became tomorrow again. i only quit after i went to detox and got put on probation.

if your serious about quitting, dont set a date to quit, quit now, cuz that week is gonna turn into another week, trust me, i know how addicts are.

as far as withdrawl, unless you go to a detox or get in suboxone/methadone, your just gonna have to deal with it. you could have a couple pills and wait until your so sick that you cant take it and then just do a little, and by a little i dont mean get high, i mean just do a little bit at a time until your to a level of sickness that you can handle, not back to feeling normal, if you do enough to feel normal its gonna restart the withdrawl process

its only 3 days that its bad, the 3rd day being the worst, and it only gets better from there, so basically if you've ever had the flu, thats sort of what withdrawl is like, except with the flu there isnt a drug that will make you not sick. if your as strong willed as you say you are you should be able to just go 3 days without anything, and after going through withdrawl that should keep you from doing oxy's daily again.

edit: heres a little bit of help, as far as withdrawl your gonna get aches, nausea, insomnia, anxiety, diarhea, hot/cold flashes, and sweats

take some kind of OTC arthritis medication for the aches, it'll help with the pain in your joints
    take peptobismol or something similar for nausea
    try to find some xanax/valium/klonopin to help you fall asleep at night, as well as keep you calm so you dont panic and end up using again
    but the hot/cold flashes and sweats (the most annoying of withdrawl symptoms) your just gonna have to deal with it.