HELP ... ABOUT TO GIVE UP

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Metalmulisha71, Sep 26, 2017.

1. #1 Metalmulisha71, Sep 26, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
    Im getting so frustrated , I started 4 sour diesel seeds I got from a bag of medicine I bought from my dispensary (hoping there female ) anyway these things are in a rdwc tub in hydrotron for id say 2 weeks now , there has been the two small round leaves pop and two seraded leaves and that's all , the small plants seem to have a yellow tinge and no growth , I have green planet Aussie tonic in my Rez ph to 6.0 and that is it for now , Rez is at 70 degrees , under 2 mars hydro 300 watt lights 2 feet away , 18/6 schedule , I did give rhizo blast last week and sum gh nutes at 1/4 strength but flushed that all out and now just Aussie tonic , as I am confused to fert or not at this small , any help would be greatly appreciated

2. Show some pics.
    In dwc a plant always needs fertilezers, unless the waters ppm you use is so high that it is already a fertilizer itself.
    Obviusly a small plant needs different doses than a mature plant.
    Are the roots touching the water or at least bubbles splash reach them?

3. Your a beginner growing in DWC. Give up the advanced grow techniques. Try soil. Much easier. Much more forgiving.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. No roots touching the water yet , I have a top feed 1/4" hose dripping on them from above till the roots reach out the bottom

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ill add sum nutes at a lower strength , thanks for the help , was always told seedlings store there own food and ya don't have to give nutes ,so was unsure if I should or shouldn't give them abit. The ppm of my tap water is only 60 so it's hard to say what that is exactly

6. That would be true in soil. All plants grown hydroponically require nutes from the beginning. Good luck.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. I'm in dwc first grow and 3 weeks from harvest just feed 1/4 strength for the first few weeks and then increase to half strength for another 3-4 weeks I have never gone full strength if it says 2.5 mill I have only ever given 2... don't give up
    It's tricky but once you get the hang of it you will be okay - also make sure you Have EC and PH tested these are crucial

• Like Like x 2
  8. How far from the sprouts do u guys recommend I keep the two mars hydro 300 watt lights I have , also is 5.5 to 6.5 ph good with a ppm of 300 alright ? Sorry for the nube questions , but never grown hydro b4

9. 60 ppm tap water is ok, mine is like 200 eh!
    Seedlings do have the necessary nutrients to grow for the first few days, in the meantime they develop roots for that.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I think the actual wattage on those lights is only half that (if that) mars tells you in the pamflet how far to keep them away.. and yes the Ph is good try aim for 5.8 to 6.5 - 6.5 being the maximum and 6.0 being perfect... And yes that Ppm is good for now

• Like Like x 1
  11. Good advice mate

As close as you can get them without burning mate.
    Oh of that is food yes but don't keep one ph all the time make it different every feed but inside those buffer zones and go all the way to 5.5 and 6.5 on some of the waterings because some elements only get uptake at quite high/low ph molybdenum for instance.

Mars do tell u the actual draw in there paperwork in sure.

SOUR DIESEL AND GHOST TRAIN HAZE before the gg4 crosses start to go in.
    SOUR DEISEL, STRAWBERRY HAZE first run to test before the gorilla glue #4 go in!

• Like Like x 1