Help A Young 1St Timer

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by DrGreenthumb804, May 15, 2014.

1. See what my intentions are is to buy those 4x8 white wall panels at lowes for $11 a piece (4) and paint over gloss with few coats of matte white ive got laying around the barn. Thanks Green I've attempted growing before and both turned out male but i had them under a 150 watt flood light the heat was way hotter than my new 400 ballast&bulb together

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Transplant update added 2" vermiculate to soil and 2" of perlite to the top. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1400267102.329528.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Ok quick question for you guys/gals is it normal when you LST for that plant to slow growth bc its spreading out nutes between nodes to create more tops? ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1400414989.757408.jpg

“Mr. Pearce, on my farming plantation(s), I want you to make the most of Hemp and plant it everywhere on my farmlands that haven't been previously reserved for other things.” -George Washington

4. #24 GoldGrower, May 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2014
    Height will slow due to there being more tips growing, as these use a lot of the energy, while the leaves produce it for them, but over all volume of the plant should not be slowed at all 

5. Thanks GoldGrower i noticed this am a lot of new nodes popping up out of every set of leaves 5 tops thats must be why it hasn't stretched toward the light like my outdoor babies did when i caged and LST'd three of them... ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1400497471.455384.jpg

“Mr. Pearce, on my farming plantation(s), I want you to make the most of Hemp and plant it everywhere on my farmlands that haven't been previously reserved for other things.” -George Washington

6. Ok heres some update pics ive topped one, FIM'd one, and LST'd two. Added two cfls for more light on new nodes. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1400674616.139762.jpg 1)LST'd ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1400674656.591495.jpg 1) topped
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1400674773.216798.jpg 1) FIM'd
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1400674828.790864.jpg 2) LST'd question yall could this be an indica/sativa? Has really narrow leaves

7. 27 days in dirt from germ. 16 days under 400w mh. The stalks are big as the tip of my pinky finger. My question is how long should i veg them out my space is 4x4x9. On week three of FF soil nutes once a week with water in between and foliar feeding between that. Any tips to making lst'd plants to catch up height wise to the other two?

8. Our walls are made 100% with R-Tech a 1 1/2" thick styrafoam board(buy it at Lowes)foil faced just like your batwing reflector

MH grows out standing strong buds too!

9. No shit they sell that? What could i tell them im building to require such materials so im not going in with intentions sounding suspect as hell lol.

10. Check out this monster leaf off a 7" tall plant! ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1400796944.583514.jpg

11. #31 GoldGrower, May 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2014
    Why did you cut it off? It must have been a big contributer of the feeding of the plant

12. #32 DrGreenthumb804, May 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2014
    I didn't cut it... Rookie mistake i broke it was adjusting lights and my stupid cfl fell and i tried catching it, it slippd thru my hands and just ripped it right off at the stalk... still has one the same size on opp side... I almost cried bc it happened to my fave girl 😪 so i figured id save it and just show it off a little

13. well that pic shows ya what the plant is its an indica Dom plant with a touch of sativa(maybe)   mac

14. I have (3) like that and another that i think is indica dom what do you think
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1400852690.513636.jpg

15. could be a indica /sat hybrid.. as most plants are these days,,,mac

16. Guess there is no "Real" way of knowing unless you get legit beans...? Its my first indoor run kind of trial and error if i get anything id be stoked but if not its all a start to my learning journey.

17. Little update: plants still doing good about 8-9" tall and bushy but my question is this a male or female? Or is it just new growth and I'm over zealous its 4 weeks 5 days from first being potted. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1401026509.419976.jpg

"No intensity, No density"

18. cant really tell what it yet picture a bit to small,although where that leaf as broken off there does appear it be a male flower growing ,,,But as its a small picture i'd wait just a bit longer,,,you could put the plant into flower now if you wanted to ,,thats if you are thinking of growing smaller plants,,,you'd soon find out if it male/female....mac

19. lowes has a product called R-tech,it is sold as a 4x8 sheet....one side is covered with foil(just like the dippled surface of your bat wing reflector)you can get it in 1/2",3/4",1",1 1/2",etc   much better than a paint job....to cut the stuff buy a adjustable extendable razor blade
    If you are driving a car and the sheet won't fit in there,just cut it down in the parking lot and throw it in the car

The batwing and 400mh combo works real well....to spread the light just raise it up to 24"...MH makes strong trics

20. Space isn't an issue i want good quality over quantity how long should i veg to get better end product.?

"No intensity, No density"