Help a Playah out... gimme feedback...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by xxxLaharlxxx, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Growing is pretty easy...actually very easy...but you need to read. If you have disregard but I would suggest reading all the stickies at the top of the forums, google is your friend..google some grow guides. There a billion on the internet. After about 2-3 you'll find they all sound very similar, go buy Cannabis Grow Bible off Amazon. Awesome book that recently was updated has a-z on virtually every aspect of cannabis.

Well first I never would of tried to grow Super Lemon Haze with CFLs even though you didn't get far you can be overwhelmed by them. Those plants can get huge like as tall as a person in some settings. Forget the CO2 really not necessary and just something else to dick up if your a beginner. If you are interested in that they sell all sorts of gear for it.

If your just using 2 CFLs stick with Indica strain. There shorter and more compact.

You really don't need a germination dome. I germinate my seeds and straight plant them into there final resting spot. I don't bother with transplanting. The lights provide all the heat they need.

Your plants in the pics easy on were all stretched out. The reason being is your light was to high. CFl grow spectrum only extends about 2-4 inches from the light. After about 6 you might as well not even have the light. A plant will stretch like yours till it simple falls over.
    Your temps were fine and the drop you talked about happens when the lights go off..thats normal and fine.

If your growing in soil theres no need for rock wool..you can I guess. You need to soak rock wool before using though. They have really high PH. Theres really no need for that though. You can germinate in a towel and just plant it. Don't bother with the root enhancer nor nutes if your planting in FF Soil for the first 3-4 weeks. Get bigger pots but I assume you were going to transplant them.

Your pots were transparent..bad choice. Never use anything transparent. If your plant is growing and healthy theres no reason to look at them. Light kills roots.

As for watering well Cannabis doesn't like to be kept in a saturated condition. I use smart pots or airpots and those are virtually impossible to over water. To know when to water use the pick up method. Pick it up and its heavy no need to water, light water...let it dry out some between waterings. You were talking about nutes well like I said in above not necessary at that stage.

All you need to do really is germinate, plant it in your pot, put some lights and it does its own thing. Dicking with it everyday or whatever is not necessary.

2. Rhapsody, thanks a lot for all the tips. I wish I had these tips from the start. Things would have been a lot different. But I did change a few things in my log. If you can, please reply to anything in there. I want to keep all good info like this right in there for later. I did upgrade to a 600w hps/mh ballast too, I also transplanted and took pictures in my most recent post.