Help a Newbie

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by BudBabe, May 10, 2004.

?

Which do U prefer?

1. Bong

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Pipe

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Vaporizer

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Anything Homemade

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Hey i'm completely new to smoking and growing but my friend gave me some seeds and i've done a lot of research and i think i'm set except i wanna grow the cheapest way possible...any advice? also, why is growing mj so different from growing any other plant? why so much work involved? Thanks ~ Bon

2. ill answer your question about why so much time and effort. no matter what, its going to take time. how you spend the time while the plant develops makes for a better crop in the end. you are controlling the plants enviroment, it has very little control in the situation other than to respond to how you provide for it. best advice i can offer, start in the journals. most are from seed. from there you will get an idea on the plants lifecycle from there, read a couple of guides. any questions you have that you cant find or doesnt make sense to you, we will help. but you need to read about and understand what youre about to dedicated the next 3 months to.

3. Growing cheaply.. The cheapest way would be to plant it outside. Indoors, though, would be to get at least 80w of fluoroescent lighting, pots, and soil. That would be the most basic and economical way.

As far as the extra work with MJ as compared to other plants.. Pretty much, the way I look at it is, the more the grower puts into their plants, the more the plants will give back to the grower. That's why I've had no hesitation spending the extra few bucks here and there, sparing no expense in the lighting area.

When you think of it, if you spend $300 on a complete setup, you would easily make that all up and then some on the first harvest. Even if you don't intend to sell any of the weed, it's still money you save instead of spending it on dealers' weed.

~Lycanthropy