Help a newbie please >.<

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by 0gG0D, Oct 18, 2017.

1. So..I recently bought a few white widow seeds with a friend, we look online for two or three days, and learned what we could about growing them...we let the germinate in a wet paper towel(we even added a little hydrogen peroxide), after about 3 days one of them started gwoing a taproot and we put it in soil in a pretty deep flower pot, for the next two days I took really good care of the seed, and so i wet the earth and even added a little bit of nutrients. The problem is i wanted to make sure I didn't "kill" the seed, and so I took a portion of earth out.. the taproot grew twice the size and the seed itself grew and became white, so i htought it's ok and but it back in carefully. It's been about 5 days since i put it back, and I was kind of expecting it to come out of the soil at least a little bit..but nothing, and i'm kinda anxious about the fact that I might've f**ked up big time by checking on the seed. So i wanted to know if waiting is pointless right now..
    BTW : i put the seed jsut about 2 mm under the soil with the taproot going down..also wet the soil just to make sure is humid

2. I dont think you damaged anything. I would just leave them alone and let them grow. Ive had seeds take over a week to "sprout" before. Keep them warm and dont over water them and you should be fine.

3. And whatever you do don't use any kind of nutes on a sprout much less a seed. Plant supply their own food for the first week or so from a sprout.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thank you guys, today a little pale-green thing came out of the soil, so i think it's good for now. I really like growing and taking care of plants, so I will try and do my best to grow it. Thanks again for the advice, I apreciate the help very much!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Listen to the Ancients don’t kill it with kindness it is a weed after all growing indoors or out?

6. I'm growing it indoors, in a closet cover with tinfoil and led lights, during day time I will leave it out in the sunlight for a few hours, so it has some natural light as well.

7. Guys, I got one more question, are normal warm light LEDs good for growing it indoors, or should I buy some of those uv LEDs?

8. Don't use "household" LED bulbs, it's not worth it. Although the light looks 'white' to your eyes and looks bright to your eyes, it's a trick. If you use LEDs, get some ones specifically for growing.

If you want to use household bulbs from the local store, use CFLs.

9. Well I was told this one I got can be used for growing almost any kind of plant indoors, so I thought it might do for now, since it’s only one plant, but I was planning on buying 2 or 3 more because I will be growing a total of 4 or 5 plants, and so I thought I would get a special purple light LED and a red one also, maybe a green one too(tho I read it’s not really as important as the purple and red ones), I’m kinda running on a low budget so for now I got what I could afford

10. The straight green one wont help u any. I use a green one when my ladies are flowering to check on them as it wont affect there grow cycle. If i had to use house bulbs cfls would be a cheap choice. Or the led grow bulbs. But running 4 to 5 plants will require more than a couple. A general rule of thumb is 100watts per plant. I run a 1000watt hps which gives me a 5x5 coverage area and on average i put 10 to 12 ladies under it and tjey do extremly well. The more plants you have the more lighting you need especially during flower

11. What is the power of the LED in watts?

12. Just get. Better light will pay for it self

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. I believe led is rated in lumens. But i believe there is a comparrison table. I will look into that and post back.

14. If you go to amazon they have a nice 80 watt led grow bulb for 30 bucks. Just type in led grow bulb and it comes up.

15. 55 or 65 can quiet remember, and I also threw the box it came in, but I found some cheap grow lights at an led store, and I’m gonna buy 2 of them

16. Well i searched about thtat and for a plant there should be at least 2.5k lumens, and this one bulb has 1.5k, but the reflective surface should inhance the intensity of the loght right? anyway, as I said before I will buy LED grow lights. Hope those ones are good, any advice?

Attached Files:

17. so.. I checked up on the seed again, and the seedling rotted so it was not growing back. I decidec to take se soil out of the pot, make sure it’s not in chunks anymore, watered it a little and put back another germinated white widow seed, this time I made sure the lights are ok, and the temperature is somewhere between 70-80. Should I take a picture of the improvised setup, so you can give an opinion?

18. Always provide pics lol
    Lumens dont really mean diddly... its the PAR of the light that means everything.

19. I think it’s 450 or 550, I will try finding the box it came in. Anyway I decided to leave the seeds alone for a couple of days, maybe a week, water them every 2 days, and just wait and see if anything comes out of the flower pots..I think I might leave them out in sunlight during day time, and at night just leave them inside