Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Help a newbie out :)

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by catalin, Aug 30, 2013.

1. I recently started to smoke and i hope some of the more experienced users can help me out with my questions.  I only smoked a few joints and I am contemplating ways to conserve my weed because it is expensive where I live. I was thinking of creating a gravity or waterfall bong made of household items and wondering if it is the best choice. (I am not planning to buy one neither)
    \nI normally get high from 0.2 - 0.3 grams, will the same amount permit me to take say two hits from a gravity bong and get higher than using a joint?
    \nAre the highs the same?
    \nAre longer hits worse on my lungs?
    \n

2. Bong will get you more high than joints because you are getting more smoke. Home made gravity bongs are usually made out of plastic and steel. I have been reading from other blades that aluminum foil gives you altztimers disease. Don't know how true that is. Be careful.

3. Hiya,

Bongs will get ya higher, and you'll use less erb. You can make a bong, pretty easy, long tube, drill hole for bowl, hole for draw, and whamo! Vaporizers are supposed to let you use less too, hasn't been so with me though,  :(

4. #4 Grow2dab., Aug 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2013
    Yeah bong with a little cone/bowl.

I do submarines, which is rip a bong then slam a beer. Works really well and lasts allot longer.

5. Yea make a bong, but stay away from those items that may cause diseases, its not worth the risk.
    Also yea a bong will get you a lot more stoned, and use less weed.

6. in scotland we call a gravity bong a "bucket". Buckets are good for maximising the small amount of weed you have,but dont use them incredibly frequently. They build up your tolerance quickly and,if pulled properly,will probably leave you coughing. DOn't use tinfoil for the top of them if possible,use a small socket. And also never make a bucket with 2 plastic bottles,for a proper bucket you need a glass bottle.

7. I don't mind them but very true on the tolerance thing.

8. You can vape a bowl and reuse it in a pipe.

I generally smoke once a week or even rarely. Should i then watch out for increasing tolerance?

Thank you all for the input and suggestions :D

10. Definitely vape

11. Buy a mflb or a dug out

You could also eat your own feces, but why?

13. Smoking once a week wont hurt your tolerance, smoking daily or every 2-3 days is what kills it. Actually smoking all day everyday is what kills it lol.

If eating your own feces got you high that might be an accurate comparison.

15. If you really want to conserve bud, get a dugout. 2 grams will last me about a week of all day, every day smoking if I just use my one-hitter.

16. One hitter dugout or a gravity bong. Saves alot of green.

I dont do drugs, I set plants on fire and breathe.

17. gravity bongs are also called buckets here in canada @[member="MrSmokeYoHerb"]

for you tolerance shouldn't be anything to think about, once a week or less then that your body will work off the thc by the next time you get high.

as for buckets, go glass! its a lot less harsh and much better for lungs. to make one get a butter knife, put it in the bottle, put cap on and shake the bottle once as hard as you can and the bottom should pop off like that! from there make your topper (socket in the bottle cap) put it in water and enjoy :smoke:

all highs vary in ways that we don't notice a lot but trust me it is different.
    also waterfall bongs only work with plastic but are great for portability and public use, just make sure you have the same amount of water in a different bottle wherever you go.

18. I'd recommend a bowl or a bong, but also, something that I have started doing is instead of grinding my smoke up, I use a really fine cheese grater and it makes mine stretch much farther than it used too. 

Give it a try :)

19. Purchase a vaporizer, you will be happy when u see how little weed you'll need to get high

20. A Gravity bong will blow your mind if you only need 0.2 to get high. I remember though days. Needed 2 bong hits to get high and 4 to get super baked. Haha, well when I started smoking I was quite young and didn't have much money for a vaporizer but if you do defiantly buy one. If not I would invested in a cheap glass bong or bubbler you won't regret it. I wouldn't bother with plastic and aluminium. Gross stuff.