Help A New Grower

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by rizzleree713, Jul 3, 2014.

1. I need help as a new grower, I have no clue where to start.

I have done TONS of reading and am just pretty confused. My aunt and I are looking to grow and it will be an indoor grow. We have a designated room, but just wantto smart with a grow box for ease.. I came across this video =How I made my Grow Box for Vegging and Flowering …: http://youtu.be/M3LYNB6fjZQ

I like the idea and seems simple to me, I just want a better understanding of a few things.

1. A day to day kind of thing that needs to be done. Obvi watering and stuff but over time what to do. If anyone can point me in the direction of a step by step of anything like this I would appreciate it!

2. What nutrients to buy.

3. What soil to use.

4. How to know when things are ready.

thanks again in advance and sorry if there is any confusion, or frustration that this shit is available all over the net. Lol just wanted more of a structured idea for my own personal grow. Peace yall

• looks like you have the basics so germ some seeds and go. keep reading, no need to ask so much lol, good luck my man 

2. 1 + 3) Read all the stickys in the begginers section (like you ain't already) but to be sure read again.
    Remember start with canna specific soil or if not then a seedling soil with hardly any slow release ferts in it.
    Don't over water as in everyday let the plant want it you may see the leaves droop and look unhappy but an hour after a water she will perk up.
    No nutes for at least 2/3 weeks after breaking soil and then it should only be 1/4 1/3 in strength every other feed..

2) Again canna specific one for veg and one for bloom some root stimulator and some bloom enhancer like atami's bloombastic no real need in soil to worry about ph, just leave a bottle of water uncapped overnight before watering your plant to draw out as much chlorine as poss from it.

4) When things are ready well my plant which is my 1st is about 20 ish inches tall and ain't preflowered but I'm switching her so going 12/12 as of tonight. Remember canna stretches at least 2 to 3x the size before flipping so make sure you have enough head room left before hand you don't wanna flip a 3ft vegged plant in a 5ft tall box.
    And again everything else is covered in the stickys.

Well I hope this has helped you a bit.

3. i find a 8-3-6 npk ratio with trace elements if fine dont over water when they are small is the worst time for this because the root systems are small and cant soak up all the water in the pot and gets drowned and no oxygen can get in you want some decent soil sift half the bark out put half back in the keep drainage if buy some perlite for a bit more drainage (read about perlite) once the plants get bigger i stick to a easy simple feed regime day 1 feed day 2 water day 3 dry
    repeat over and over same into flowering phase just change your feed to something like 10-30-10 im using 10-54-10 hopefully that gives you a bit more idea on some things good way to check if soil is ready for a water is stick your finger into it and if its dry up to your first knuckle on your finger its ready for watering and make sure you have lots of drainage more drainage the better when your plant is bigger and can handle more water you want to see about 20-30% of the water your giving it flow out the bottom watering can be over looked and over thought but easy when you know whats up and if anyone every tells you to flush they dont mean mash as much water as you can in lol it just means give it water everytime you would feed or water for about a week buy a simple ph meter to helps alot.. im alos a newbie grower man but iv read alooooot and had alot of good people to help me through