Help a guy out

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by MoDeep, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Henro Frens! alright so ive attached a drafting plan of my grow room. I'm looking for advice on what to purchase before i fully construct and start growing. after all that i have read i feel ive got a pretty good grasp on things but my lack of knowledge is really hurting me when it comes to buying the lighting and ventilation equipment. ive never done this before and am looking for all the tips i can get. my total budget for the room is about 600. id like to stay as close to that as possible. its a perfect 12 foot by 5 foot room and my plan is to have 3 stages of growth set up and keep a 5 plant continuous cycle. budding stage, vegging stage, then flowering stage. which is clearly in a separate room. so help a guy out please and set me up with the right equipment to grow some super gnarly dank sticky icky greeeeeen. thanks ya'll Grow Room.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. With a 600$ budget I’d say go for hps, it’s only like 30$ for a 1000w bulb and the hood/ventilation kits are usually about 150-200 each. A lot of the kits come with the lights too and some even ballasts. I’d say a solid place would be one of those kits in each area, one for flower and one for veg. A lot of newer ballasts now have dimming abilities so you can veg with your 1000w bulb at 50% - 75% while in your flower room having an identical 1000w kit, but pushing its full power, you’ll want a carbon filter and inline fan kit for your flower room so add another 200$ or so there. That puts you around 600...now I’m sure you can hunt for the best prices and land you lower than your 600$ budget goal...that being said you would probably be best off, in this plan anyways, Doing a mother/Clone system. It would be much easier to know you’ll consistently be getting the size crop you want doing it that way.... You could set up your grow area just about the same way for a system like that. By using your veg area as your mother room and your little seeding area for rooting your clones, you could then transplant your rooted clones to veg for a week or so with their mother, then throw them into the flower area when you harvest, and replace them with your newly rooted clones, who will can quickly be replaced by newly cut ones off your mother. Doing it this way would allow you to know borderline exactly what kind of genetics all of your harvests will have.....You should definitely use your initial plan there so you can find the best plant to use as your mother...On another note you should use a smaller light over the young-in’s, be them seedlings or clones, as they’ll be more sensitive to the high powered lighting you have in the rest of the space.

-GM
    My Current Grow Journal

https://forum.grasscity.com/index.p...x.php?threads/Grow-journal-Bag-seeds.1475047/