Help a first time grower diagnosis plants

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by RynoBlazin, Feb 22, 2017.

1. My state just legalized recreational use of marijuana so I wanted to try my hand so I purchased a 96 by 56 by 48 grow tent two 300 watt LEDs w/ multi setting lights. I purchased feminized , autoflowering seeds but wanted to make sure I didn't screw it up so I had 10 seeds that I had found randomly in bags over the years from really good stuff.....like 1 seed per 4 ounce which is why I thought they were pretty special so I kept them. A germinated them properly soaking them in water for a few days until they sunk and then keeping them in wet paper towel for a week. At the time I didn't know about the way the female vs male tails grow out of the seeds to predetermine sex prior to planting so once had good Tails regardless of what part of the seed it came out of it. It's pretty easy to tell in the pictures which one's the males are growing straight up at twice the speed and their branches are spread out as opposed to the other that are growing thick and with the branches closer together each time. I have been very careful on what I gave it for water but the other day over watered it for sure. I am using Miracle Grow potting soil, again this was a Test go around . I am growing six for myself as well as my wife and Massachusetts we are allowed to have six plants per adult. With the cap at 12, my father does live with me so it would have been nice to be able to squeak out another 6 but I am happy for the law being what it is. Take a look at the pictures tell me what you think any help is greatly appreciated if you see anything I'm doing wrong please let me know they have not gone into tent yet. thats this week. 2 300w lights 35 inches from plants. The bigger ones you see pictures where planted on the 22nd January which was about a month ago the smaller ones were seedlings transferred February 15th which was 10 days ago 1487719192359182367315.jpg 1487719192359182367315.jpg 20170221_172045.jpg 1487719192359182367315.jpg 20170221_172045.jpg 20170221_172104.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. you can't really determine sex by the seed or growth some sativas grow lanky like that and are females. only real way is to wait till flower to know, never disregard a seed based on speculation lol. they look pretty good tho only issue is miracle grow rele isn't good for growing cannabis. you could transplant the bag seed but the autos are kinda stuck. its not the end of the world it is just impossible to regulate nutrient intake with pre-loaded soil. also i could be wrong but it looks like there's more than one plant in one of the pots, both or one probably isn't going to make it in such a small pot

• Like Like x 1
  3. Those pots are too small and you dont have enough soil in them.

4. Lol, you are the first one in the history of weed growing to do so lol.

5. Everything is going to be transplanted over to organic soil no Miracle Grow auto feed. Also I will make sure all of my pots are over two gallon. These are the parts they started growing in they have never been transferred

• Like Like x 1
  7. No. It is in my opinion, not a fact, that you most likely cannot tell a male from a female becuase the males grow taller. If that were true, there would be 9 million strains instead of 9 thousand strains. I would like to see your proof that you can tell a male from a female because of the hieght of the seedling. Sorry if i came across as rude. I am a dick.

8. well i guess we will have to see.... i was always told the darker the seed more of a chance it has to become a female same with it germinating out of the side as opposed to the top or bottom that is also indicative of it being a male "99% of the time" on the high times website so I'm just going by what I read