Help - a few noob q's!!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Cathodeflower, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Hi. This is my first post :wave:and also first grow although I've been smokin for years now. I got some lowrider seeds and did the paper towel methods for germinating. I'm hoping to grow outdoors. I looked at them this morning and with one or 2 you can just about seee the root tip and with some of the others the root tips have suddenly got really really long - about 5cm. Are these long ones still okay to use?

I've been researching on the net how to grow like this but there's also lots of conflicting info. So what I intend to do is get some pots today and wet the soil and then put in root. Ok - do I get soil with a low clay content? Is rockwool good for growing outside? Also I put the root tip down right? I'm going by the 101 post on this site here.

Okay should I then put the pots straight outside or put them on my windowsill for a while bearing in mind I live in the UK and this summer is quite warm but some rain too. If I put them on the windowsill do I need to cover with plastic/saran wrap until they sprout? Should I then put them outside only when they sprout?

Many thanks atb :smoking:

2. Yes, if you are careful the long ones will be just fine.

Low clay content, yes.

Don't know about the rockwool question, sorry.

Root tip down, check.

Until the seeds sprout up out of the soil, they actually have no need for a light source, so I suppose either way (windowsill or outside) would be fine. I guess bugs and other bad things wouldn't be able to get to them before they sprout if they were on the window sill.

I don't use plastic or saran wrap.