Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

HELP A FELLOW SMOKER: Got Caught Up with Police

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by dopereppin, Mar 10, 2009.

1. So I got pulled over today, at first, just for not having my front license plate displayed which is illegal in the state of WA. When he pulled me over he smelled weed in the car, I had about 3g in the car of some trainwreck. He didn't fine me but he did cite me and told me in about a month I should have a court letter in the mail. What should I expect, punishments, or off easily?

NOTE: NO PRIOR RECORDS

2. Check the NORML site for the states laws and penalities

3. Already looked at the site, first thing I did, I just want to know extra information because every case is different and the text-book punishments usually never completely follow through.

4. I'm guessing he didn't fine you because that is what the court appearance will determine. If he didn't find the bud in your car, there is no proof. Deny til you die, man. I am not 100% on this one, but if he didn't search your car and actually find anything illegal, then nothing illegal happened. You know what I'm saying? Aside from the license plate part that is.. That's just a bad move on your part.

If you are riding dirty, you better drive perfectly and have nothing wrong with your car.

5. #5 dopereppin, Mar 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2009

Here's the thing, he told me that usually first time offenders get off with just 3 month probation but its always different. Now he didn't search himself and find it, I just took it out and gave it to him because the K-9 unit came 10 mins later. No point in lying, right...

6. ^Smart move giving it to him, imho. I can't say with any certainty, but usually you go one of a few ways: diversion (go to addict class), probabtion, fine.

My advice? Relax, and live your life normally (making sure to t-break before court, JUST in case). G'luck. :wave:

7. Fuck the K-9 unit haha only animals I despise. Smart move just handing it over though when you knew he was going to find it, honesty goes a long way with most cops and judges. One thing you should be sure to do is, tell them you were not smoking IN the car (DUI or whatever they call it in your state). At the most it should just be minor pocession charges, which in Arizona just means some community service and possibly TASC (drug test you every week or something like that).

It sucks getting caught man, but good luck, I'll smoke a joint for you :smoke:

8. Would probation mean like a certain number of months without getting in trouble or weekly check-ins or how so?

9. Appreciate it, i'll do anything to avoid TASC as you can imagine, guess I just have to wait.

10. All of the above, and probably some drug tests here and there to make sure you're on the "straight and narrow".

11. So is it even worth hiring an attorny, I was planning on doing that in hope that he could just clear it all. I mean WA state is currently reviewing new marijuana law changes so hopefully that favors my side a little bit more.

12. get a public defender and u can get a comprimise of misdemenor since its your first offense or possible a deferal. should get dismissed either way just SHOW UP FOR COURT

13. Just another quick question I didnt receive any documentation from the officer, is that normal procedure?

14. hope this doesnt ruin your grow...

15. You'll probably just get a slap on the wrist man. No one cares about weed when it comes to the law.:smoke:

16. You should've said you were just holding it for a friend.

And smoking it for a friend.

17. #17 dopereppin, Mar 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2009

Explain how that would work? Then he's going to ask me what's my friends name and his number, and i'm supposed to say I dont know? Pretty sure i'd just irritate the officer and make matters worse.

18. Haha, sorry. It was a joke.

19. Thats rough bud, id say u'll prolly pay a small fine but im not a 100% sure. Where i am in Canada a cop won't usually do anything if u hav that much on u. It takes more than 3 g's for them to care, i actually think its a law or something.

20. shiiit at least u didnt get arrested for it. good thing we live in wa. btw u should get some febreze for ur car or somethin. :D