Help a Colorblind Guy

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by OldUR, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Coming up on eight weeks since this autoflower GSC seed popped from the soil . How much longer?

upload_2020-6-27_7-25-34.jpeg

2. Trichomes look milky...
    Im not %100 sure, its been 8yrs since i did a harvest
    But depending on the high u want, id say its about ready now
    But if u want a more stoney couch potato high, let it go alil longer, until the trichomes turn alil amber color

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. I was also diagnosed as colourblind .it came completely out of the purple

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. I probably jumped the gun, but chalk it up to it being my first plant.

I was reading about progressive harvesting and decided it would be a good idea to snip off the top bud. Hoping it will give me some experience in drying and curing while I the rest of the buds have a little more time to grow.

upload_2020-6-27_10-12-36.jpeg

upload_2020-6-27_10-13-23.jpeg

Close up of the bud I snipped.

5. She def has some weeks to go but at least that bud will be real racey like NASCAR ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. I agree... I don't see any brown pistils at all. Personally I would let them go about 2 more weeks while keeping track of the trichomes like every day.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Identifying the brown pistol, amber trichomes gives me trouble. I’ll give the rest of the plant more time.

So, in another act of impatience, I put that bud in the microwave in convection mode (no microwaves) set to warm at 150 degrees for almost 60 minutes. Stuck a thermometer in there and it never got over 140 degrees. It’s now in an Ardent decarbing. Plan to make some kind of edible with it. Think it will be any good?

• Like Like x 1
  8. I understand. What I meant by keeping track was to upload some pictures regularly and let us tell you the progress, sorry about that.

I can't comment on the strength of that edible... I've never used that little before as it has little effect on me.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Cant rush weed, it's done when it's done. Keep posting back, that plant has weeks to go, pistols are 100% white. I would expect anything stupendous from the edibles.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

10. Thanks guys! Been a homebrewer for a long time. You’d think l’d have more patience.

11. I done that around my first grow got impatient and chopped it early and I still didn't learn and did it again on my second grow after that I said f it and waited and oh boy sure glad I did. So don't feel bad about messing up it happens but do learn from this mistake and wait longer next time and speed drying won't allow the chlorophyll to break done into thc it has to dry naturally good luck man and keep growing man your only gonna get better.

Sent from my KFASWI using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. Thanks to advice here, hopefully I’ll cut my losses at the one bud that I snipped from the top. But I’m sure I’ll find some other way to fuck up.

• Like Like x 1
  13. And if you do, no problem, because that is how you become a better and more experienced grower. And never be afraid to ask questions that you might think stupid. That is another way to become more experienced. Good luck.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Furthermore. Sometimes a tortured plant makes the best bud!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

15. It's been a little over two weeks since my original post to this thread. Still looks like it may need more time, but I'd like to hear what the experienced growers here think. Time to harvest yet?
    upload_2020-7-14_9-35-13.jpeg

upload_2020-7-14_9-35-40.jpeg

upload_2020-7-14_9-36-5.jpeg

upload_2020-7-14_9-36-25.jpeg

16. Was starting to wonder about when you'd show us some more, lol.

At the moment they look like 90-95% all milky to me. A few ones that are slightly glassy on the tips of the bulbs.

What kind of high are you aiming for?

17. That’s a tough question. I like a racier high better, but health issues relating to sleep is the reason I got my card. I do mostly edibles, so I might be able to control the high through processing time and temperature.

Regardless, it sounds like waiting a little longer is my best plan?

18. What are you, some kind of budding comedian?

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. If that was my situation, then I'd harvest in a day or 2, the reason behind this being;

-Aiming for a racier high
    -An oil can be made more narcotic if you need to, but you can't make a narcotic oil more racey without adding any other oil or diluting.
    -The trichomes are sooo milky

There are a few glassy ones as I've mentioned before but from what you seem to want, I wouldn't let her go much more... 3 days max.