Help! 8th week flower troubles

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by DankDolph, Jun 19, 2016.

1. Greetings!

Need a little advice here. I'm on my first grow, in a 8x8x8 tent with two 1k HPS. Growing "Golden Sage" from Bank Genetics in CO. Their recommended harvest time for this strain is 65-75 days, I'm on day 70.

Early on in flowering I let 1 of my plants grow to tall. It quickly outgrew my lights, I simply moved it to the side a little bit so it didn't get direct light and burn.

Well now I've started harvesting my others plants, trichomes look great, just starting to turn amber. I'm pulling about 1lb wet and trimmed per plant. But my tall girl has barely produced any trichomes and is super airy. The pistals never turned amber and it looks like it is still in week 3-4 of flower.

Looking back I know I should have just cropped it, or just cut the top cola earlier and cut my losses allowing the bottom buds to develop.

What should I do? I'm thinking I'll just chop and lightly trim and just toss basically the entire plant in with my trim hoping to get a few trichs from whatever extraction method I use.

Thanks!

2. Bump.

Also, it occurs to me I could still just tie this down and just keep on flowering, but the leaves have their fall colors as I flushed all my plants the last 2 weeks (oceans forest soil) and it doesn't seem like a good idea to add nutes this late in the game. Additionally, I've already got my next batch all vegged out and they need the tent desperately, so I dont want to delay more then week really if I can.

Harvested two more tonight, both right around a pound wet and trimmed also. Pretty pumped, my goal was 3 oz each plant since this is my first grow, so if I pull QP each plant I'd be beyond excited.

3. If it were me and I had others that did turn out well, at this point take it as lesson learned and move on. If you have your next batch ready to flower, if you're like everyone I know, space is at a premium and you always want to run your best plants in that coveted space. We ran 2 1000 watts for a couple of years and then added 2 more, so we're running at total of 4000 watts hps per room for flowering. It took going that high to get the bud production that I was looking for. So lighting is the key to making the plant give all it can possibly give in the indoor environment and the stronger and better quality you can put over your plants throughout the entire life cycle, the better your harvest will be assuming you understand how to grow the plant. And after the years I've been involved in it hot and heavy, it seems there is always one or two "problem plants" that are just wacked out and no matter how much trouble I go to, they still continue they wacky little life. I have gotten to the point with cloning that I take way too many and only take the strongest on for development. The others I usually just trash. Sort of a survival of the fittest kind of thing. If you've got good healthy ones ready to fill the space, cut your losses and move on. TWW

4. Appreciate your input and insight, as well as putting my mind to ease about problem plants hehe. My big lessons for my first grow seem to be light optimization and space optimization.

Really though, after seeing some other beginner mistakes I think I got off pretty easy. My only other problems my entire grow were heat issues early on until I got my ducting right and Gnats (thanks GoGnat for killing generations of Gnats for me.)