HELP 7 day seedling brown tips with yellowing

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by infamouz, Mar 12, 2014.

1. I started these seeds in peat pellets 7 days ago, and about 4 days ago i transplanted them into a solo cup full of ideal420soil. Now they are yellowing and browning tips on it. Any help would be great thanks! 1394639114522.jpg

2. Its the soil, its too rich and hot.

It happens with soils that are pre-fertilized the plants not big enough to utilize the nutrients yet.

It will grow through it and take off and grow quickly in a week or two when it gets some size.

It will be fine.

3. thanks for the quick and helpful answer. I knew i shouldn't of put it into this soil until later on, oh well you live and you learn. Thanks again brotha!

Sent from my HUAWEI-M931 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. #4 AugustWest, Mar 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2014
    looks overwatered to me..

gotta let soil dry a little or it'll yellow like that due to lack of oxygen.. make sure you have good drainage holes in there too.

5. i just watered it yesterday, i made sure it was dry enough before watering it.

6. #6 AugustWest, Mar 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2014
    cool man..

i just don't see a  cycled 100% organic mix like that as causing a burn..

just my .02 anyway..

maybe the ideal 420 soil isn't as ideal as they claim..

7. The other thing to look at is your water. Chlorine ?

8. just noticed you used peat pellets..

those aren't the greatest things to use either.. should just germinate in the soil imo.

9. Well they were doing great before i transplanted to the ideal420soil, so maybe that is it and as far as water goes i use ro water ph'd at 6.5