Help! 4 weeks into flowering. Necrotic, warped, yellow, leaves

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by bassboy416, Nov 16, 2012.

1. First time posting here so forgive me if I leave out any info. I do not have the ability to post pics at this time. I am 4 weeks from the signs of the first hairs. I've got a cheese plant (2 others also) under a 1000 watt hps. My temps range from low sixties to seventy five. I am running fans and blower. Using foxfarm happy frog and feeding with foxfarm tiger bloom every other week and big bloom once a month. a few weeks ago, I noticed the leaf tips looked barely burned and that my soil was wet for a long time. I let it go for about a week (it was in a 3 gallon container at this point about 2 feet tall). I was thinking that I had nutrient burn so I went 2 watering cycles with just straight water and let it dry out all the way. after a little over a week I went to water and soil was barren dry and leaves were all turning yellow (the whole leaf) very badly. It did not seem to have a pattern going from top to bottom or anything. I fed with a heavy dose of tiger bloom and since then the problem has gotten worse. All of the bud leaves look fine but ALL of the fan leaves are yellow and now turning brown (looks almost like fungus botyritis pictures I've seen). I have had this problem for about a week. Yesterday, I transplanted into a 15 gallon pot with foxfarm happy frog hoping it would help. I am way into flowering and do not know what to do. This does not seem like normal yellowing as leaves are warped in some areas and schoolbus yellow. Veins are still a light green and there are still new pistils forming... I am in fear of root rot or something I have never encountered. There does not seem to be any powdery mildew. What is going on???? (I also sprayed with micronutrient solution last week).

2. feeding every other watering not every other week

3. First off chill bro ! It's all good it doesn't fix itself over night. Pic would b better for us to see 2 help u. Stop foiler feeding your flowering and moister isn't your friend right now. Get a pic up. Whats your ph run off..... transplant was not a good idea unless u need the space or just starting flower..... flush her 3x pot size and let her chill dry out and feed with low dose and let her bounce back

4. Got some pics. I transplanted because I was afraid the plant had exceeded the size sustainable by the pot and because I thought maybe it would help if there was a Nitrogen deficiency which is what I originally thought was the problem. I watered with superthrive upon transplanting and soil was dry when I did so... Runoff PH I just tested and was between 6 and 6.5 looked closer to 6.5. Trying to figure out how to post pics. Should be up momentarily. Thx!

5. Hopefully these come through

Attached Files:

• 704.jpg
      704.jpg
      File size:
      355 KB
      Views:
    • 702.jpg
      702.jpg
      File size:
      234.7 KB
      Views:
    • 701.jpg
      701.jpg
      File size:
      223.8 KB
      Views:
    • 700.jpg
      700.jpg
      File size:
      136.3 KB
      Views:
  6. [quote name='"bassboy416"']Hopefully these come through[/quote]

What r u feeding them for flower? Since the run off is good don't do anything for a few days. Chop that bad stuff of below and continue with a feed Friday maybe Saturday my guess your not follow ph and your ppm. I see lack of N but in your case flowering it feeds on N in the leaves when there is nothing in the medium or your locking out N either way You need a bloom fert and a bump of N. Hope this helps

7. So just to clarify... I transplanted last night into foxfarm happy frog. I watered with superthrive last night until soil was moist but no fert. Before that I was using foxfarm tigerbloom. Also adding PH up and checking PH to 6.5 every time I used the fert because it lowered ph. Should I flush like you said or just let it ride? its been 24 hours since transplant and I haven't seen any bad signs of shock or anything. Thanks for helping me out man your experience is appreciated.

8. #8 Gixerboy, Nov 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2012
    [quote name='"bassboy416"']So just to clarify... I transplanted last night into foxfarm happy frog. I watered with superthrive last night until soil was moist but no fert. Before that I was using foxfarm tigerbloom. Also adding PH up and checking PH to 6.5 every time I used the fert because it lowered ph. Should I flush like you said or just let it ride? its been 24 hours since transplant and I haven't seen any bad signs of shock or anything. Thanks for helping me out man your experience is appreciated.[/quote]

All good bro what kind of water you using. And Fox Farm is hot. Not sure about ffhf years ago I used ffof and it was crap unless used at veg and maybe cut with heavy perlite. Ditch ff next time and run sunshine #4 you wont look back. Ff has to many buffers that's gotta be your problem.... my guess.... are u using any cal.mg or Epson salt ....? Keep watering normal for a few days the ffhf will buffer out....
    Water normal next few days then feed.

9. I'm using Happy frog this grow, used Ocean Forest last grow.

First impression I have is that its much more forgiving when it comes to feeding and transplanting. It's not as hot as Ocean Forest so transplanting small plants usually won't shock them and you don't have to wait a month to feed the plant for the first time.

10. [quote name='"STilladelph"']I'm using Happy frog this grow, used Ocean Forest last grow.

First impression I have is that its much more forgiving when it comes to feeding and transplanting. It's not as hot as Ocean Forest so transplanting small plants usually won't shock them and you don't have to wait a month to feed the plant for the first time.[/quote]

All good bro it's about ph and ppms

11. So, I'm not sure what PPM means, but I just thought I'd post the results. I am 55 hours since the transplant, and I have not watered since the transplant. Everything is doing fine, but the leaves have not seemed to improve nor have they worsened. The good news (at least I think its good news) is that the buds have lots of new white pistils and seem to be increasing in size. I am hopeful once again. thanks for your advice.

12. #12 Gixerboy, Nov 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2012
    [quote name='"bassboy416"']So, I'm not sure what PPM means, but I just thought I'd post the results. I am 55 hours since the transplant, and I have not watered since the transplant. Everything is doing fine, but the leaves have not seemed to improve nor have they worsened. The good news (at least I think its good news) is that the buds have lots of new white pistils and seem to be increasing in size. I am hopeful once again. thanks for your advice.[/quote]

Parts per million. If your serious and continue on with soil read up on soil ph and feeding ppms. Remember homie she's forgiving and will b just fine. Water Tomo with low dose of bloom ferts. Let me know how she responds. She should clear up the yellowing is normal bro she's doing that cause your ph was off and either lockout on N. Swing over to the city journal bro.... see u over there