Help, 2 plants from 1 seed

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by WilliamSparks98, Jul 16, 2007.

1. does anyone know whats wrong with this?
    [​IMG]

I planted 1 seed and 2 plants sprouted! what should i do? also does anyone what to do about the yellowing, they're 'bout 2.5 weeks old. Do you think that I should give them nutes now?

2. Uhh... wow.

Maybe you accidentally dropped in two?? Thats the only logical explanation.

3. I've heard of people asking if 2 seeds makes one plant... but in your case one seed made TWO plants? Gnarly, man. doesn't look like he dropped two in, unless one was after the other, because the second one is much smaller. Maybe a seed fell in the dirt after the first had sprouted and you didn't see it?

4. the only way to know for sure is to wash away the dirt from the stem
    to see if theyre joined.....theyre prolly not though....i think its 2 seeds.

5. Careful because depending on the soil there might have been a seed of something else in there. That sprout could be anything but pot. When I first started growing mine one of the pots had two sprouts in it and one was far off in the side of the pot, knowing I only had two seeds the only explanation was a seed in the soil. There isnt any way if you're sure you only put one seed in the pot that there could be two pot plants growing from a single seed. All plant sprouts look the same from tomatoes to pot to mango trees. So i would suggest you either yank that smaller of the two plants or attempt to transplant the sprout and care for your virgin mary plant and see what it comes out to be. Good luck buddy.

6. nah man thats def. another weed plant in there look at the leaves. thats nuts haha rip the fucker out or its gonna kill your good 1.

7. well, i can offer you the best explanation i can, because i had the same thing happen.

i planted 4 seeds, and one pot sprouted two plants, but, this was because while handling the pot one day, i dropped it, and the plant broke off from the roots. in a panic, i stuck the broken seedling back in the dirt and hoped it would grow... and it did... and so did the rest of the roots left in the soil. after a few days, there were two plants, just like that growing.

i think that could be a possible explanation. did you knock over the plant of hurt it some how?

8. I can tell you whats wrong you have barky soil lol.

9. i have the same thing happen to me, one seed in and two plants, for sure i only put 1 seed in the pot.... werid!!!