HELP! 2 1000w in 10x10 tent Enough Light??!??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ThaWidow, Feb 10, 2011.

1. I have a 10x10 tent. Looks like ill only be able to put 2 1000whps lights in there. Is that enough light for 20 plants in 7g buckets?? Thanks for the help!:wave:

2. I don't think so. You should be running 4 1000w in that space. If you had 4 of them then I'd say it would be perfect, but 2 for 20 plants in 7g isn't gonna work imo.

3. i have to disagree.i have 12 plants w/ 2 600w hps and i am sure I will yield just fine.if he is doing 20 plants thats 100w per.thats the required amount if i am not mistaken.

4. The number of plants by itself means nothing. He could run 100 plants in a SOG style with those lights and be fine, but he said 7 gallon pots, which would lead me to believe that he wants them really big. If they are grown to the size that would need a 7 gallon pot, they won't fit.

Also rules that correlate plant number to wattage are useless.

5. Wouldn't four 600W lights be the best solution? I mean, factoring in power consumption, heat and light coverage, I would opt for 600W's since they would be covering 5 square feet each.

6. Exactly. Different growing methods, floor area, height restriction, length of veg, starting from seed or clone, wattage and type of lighting all play a part in determining how many plants can or should be grown in any particular setup. Out of all the factors wattage is one of the least important in determining plant numbers. It blows me away that so many people on this forum repeat those wattage rules. I really can't comprehend it at all. They have absolutely no use whatsoever.

Do you have the plants spread across that entire area? That isn't nearly enough light for that size room imo. I'd run 4 600s in that space.