*help* 1st time grower

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mafu_rookie, Nov 22, 2009.

1. So, this is my first time growing cannabis :hello:. There is a thread that explains it all but its just 2 long & im 2 :smoking:high 2 understand it. Im not an expert but i know a little bit.
    :rolleyes: I want my plants 2 B organic, I Live in a small apartment & im using 'bag seeds'. The only thing I have is the pot were im going 2 plant the seeds...
    WHAT ELSE DO I NEED 2 GET?
    WHAT DO I NEED 2 DO 2 START?
    HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE 2 HARVEST? :smoking:

2. #2 mills69, Nov 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2009
    hey dude if your not willing to read the stickys & do your own research & help yourself then you wont get far your questions are basic info that can be answered in very little reading, were all happy to help here but no ones going to hold your hand & explain basic things that are answered with some reading/research

these answer all ur Q's
    http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute...s-guide-get-you-started-growing-cannabis.html

http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/73015-grandpas-grow-guide.html

http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/24559-some-dos-some-donts.html

GL

3. First thing you need to do is sober up and read a little.. im like you G, i hate reading loong ass posts when faded.. but if you want to do this and do it right, sacrifices must be made.. Next , (im only speaking from my experience, and experiences differ person to person) You need a good amount of money depending on how many plants and shit you want.. Set up isnt cheap..there are mcguyvers out there that can make it with 500 but im a dumb ass , and depend on companies for lighting and all the shit i cant make.. in my case i spent 2300 on a set up for 15 plants.. to break it down for you, it went like this.. i spent 2300 on 2x400 watt HPS system an AC unit, Carbon filter, exhaust fan, ducting, reflective surface for the room, nutrients,pest control , soil, pots, duct tape,light hangers, electricity bill, and money for the construction of the room.. not including the clones.. i bought seeds but they all were males, and i didnt see fit to fight with the company who sold them to me so there went 110 of my dollars.. i would just buy clones if they are available to you.. and it took me like 4 1/2 months from clone to sold... out of the 12 clones that i did end up putting in the room 9 came through and i yielded about a half pound.. that was worth 2 grand.. i only used the necessary nutirents for the plant to surviive, and didnt have things like co2, big bud, timers, etc etc.. im sure i can get more out of 9 plants but like i said u need money to invest.. and also u got to be willing to kill your social life, keep to yourself, and keep your friends away from you pad.. ummm yeah i hope it helped.. but u probably didnt read this shit since its long.. ha

4. You need lights. CFL bulbs from a hardware store and some sockets or clamp lights also. When they are young you'll need to keep the bulbs about 5" away because the heat will hurt them. Get Day Light bulbs, they are 6500K (which is a reference to their blue color). Later you will need Soft White bulbs, 3000K and less, and you can keep these bulbs much closer to the plant, around 2" depending on wattage.

You need something to grow in. You're doing organic so I can suggest a few things to make this simple. You can just get yourself some Miracle Grow Organic potting soil and you will probably have some success. If you can get to a hydroponics store (google maps yo) you can find better alternatives. Consult your local guy and try to get a complete organic system.

The organic system will include some kind of low nutrient natural fertilizer soil (probably), into which you'll want to mix in some Perlite (white granular stuff for drainage). You'll also need a series of nutrients which includes a vegetative growth supplement, a root enhancer, a bloom supplement, some kind of humic acid, and some kind of carbo provider. There are a variety of other things they'll want to sell you, and some of it is worth while but not really needed.

Now while I'm on the subject, you need one pot per plant. Start with 1 gallon planters for about 5 weeks then upgrade to a 3 gallon or a 5 gallon depending on your space. A 5 gallon planter will give you another 6 weeks or so of total life before the roots choke themselves. Select deep planters and make sure it drains well. Get trays for the planters to drain into.

You need to use Reverse Osmosis filtered water from a water store. If you don't your plants will suffer from chlorine and flouride and all kinds of other crap in your water. Makes you wonder too, if my plants can't succeed on tap water why am I drinking this poison? Anyway, we're talking .25/gallon or less, get a 5 gallon jug and just fill up a 1 gallon jug when you need to water. The whole thing for the grow won't cost you more than $30. Watering is not very often indoors, every 4 to 7 days for young plants and every 3 to 4 days for older plants as a general rule, but this is subjective to your plants and soil.

The last thing you need is a place they can get completely uninterrupted darkness, some kind of closet with a sheet hung up to keep the light out is an idea. Whatever you decide you need to keep the totally in the dark when they are in the dark or they will hermaphrodite or stall out and you'll get some shwaggy weed. Small tents can be purchased online for under $80 after shipping and it might work best for you to just sack up and buy it.

All in all you're probably looking at an investment of about $350 over the course of 3 months, with an up front of about $200. It's not bad when you break it up and your end results could be amazing. Look into Scrog growing and see if that works best for you. Whatever you invest in your system will pay off, so don't stress about a few extra bucks now because it will save you SO much later on.

5. You shouldn't be growing at all. You are a young woman with an older boyfriend who supposedly has a college education but can't figure out how to not get you pregnant. (He doesn't sound too bright first off. Second off, why is he dating someone so much younger? Why not someone his own age from college?). Oh, he likes to tag that young pussy...we all do...but don't get the chick pregnant. And surely don't let the youngster grow weed in her apartment. Disastrous...

You are against abortion yet you don't want to be a failure mom. Way to have thought out your life.

"I'm against abortion, but yet I'm risking pregnancy!" Sounds pretty idiotic to me and destined for failure.

If you can't even figure out sex and pregnancy by yourself, just throw the pot in the trash. You'll never figure it out either. Maybe you need to quit smoking as well and get your priorities straight.

Get some college education (high school education is worthless, you should know that already), and maybe try again in about 6-10 years.

I forsee you and your boyfriend fighting about the pregnancy and somehow the cops finding the weed and both of you ending up in jail with bail higher than you can afford. But hey, I could be wrong, although I'm usually not.

Leave the farming to the businessmen who understand that farming is a business. Not some kid shit you do in an APARTMENT. I would NEVER have a weed plant in an apartment.

Good luck to you, but for your own good, and the good of everyone around you, abort that kid and GROW THE FUCK UP and start using your brain. The path you are going will net you nothing.

6. Like DannyDuhzit said...farming is expensive. He has $2,300 invested in his setup for 15 plants.

I invested $22,500 for 60 plants. I could have bought like 5 pounds with my $22,500! Brand new it would have been $33,000. I saved $10k buying some stuff used (mainly A/C's)

I have 4 carbon scrubbers, centrifugal fans ($$$), 16 lights, ballasts, 2 used A/C units (30,000 BTU's each), water reservoirs, water trays, O2 system, fans, pumps, timers, wiring.

I do all the construction myself. I am a licensed contractor so I highly doubt anything will go wrong. I have both a general and electrical license and am proficient in both. I have contracted multi million dollar jobs already and built many high end venues locally. None have ever had a problem and many are venues millions of people go to yearly.

Farming is my hobby. And I take it very seriously.

Construction of my two rooms (veg and bloom), would seriously run about $45,000 if I built it for you, complete. Take me about two weeks to do it all by myself. One week (40 hours) per bedroom. Safe, legit, and hydro.

I built a small ass room in a friends garage (he doesn't know I farm!). He asked me to run a bunch of power and build a box. I acted stupid but I knew it was for plants. He hung his own lights, etc., so as to not "let me know". I charged him about $2,000 for just electrical and the panel is in the garage about 20 feet away. Materials are expensive, time is not free. I have a mortgage to pay and farming is not my income source. I smoke like Snoop Dogg. Building the box ran about $2,000 also. One tiny ass box for plants... $4,000. By my calculations he needed another $6,000 to get this room correct. So $10,000 for one tiny ass room. And this dude is a millionaire. He could easily afford pounds. But we like our smoke to be the best, and we smoke a lot.

Growing in soil is a lot more forgiving and a lot cheaper. I've never done soil. I'm trying hydro until I perfect it, and then doing a soil grow for comparison.

If you ain't got a good job and cash...or you aren't a massive hustler in your part of town...you aren't going to do shit with some bag seeds in your apartment. You won't even get decent smoke. It'll be harsh and taste like shit and not really get you faded. Trust me, that was how my first farming attempt went. Some fucked up shit in a fucked up place. Came out harsh and garbage.

7. your either drunk or can't wipe your own ass, wtf you talkin about? asks about growin and you start preaching to them like your their father. obviously your a strong independent guy talking shit to people on the internet, but chill man. smoke a joint and relax:smoke:

8. SUPER COOL STORY MAN!:hello: do you have any other stories that talks bout how good you are at stuff and how you rip your friends off doin electrical work for them? i'm just kiddin man but it was a neat story. i think your cool. but also a tool. but your so good at being a tool, +rep!!:wave: