*Help 1st Grow, Stealth PC Box*

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by impulse, Nov 11, 2009.

1. #1 impulse, Nov 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2009
    Hey GC,

I was wondering if some of you experienced guys could let me know what you think about this indoor stealth PC tower set-up:

*First attempt*

Seeds: Bagseeds from mids (currently a handful germinating, 2 methods)
    Medium: Soil
    Lights: CFL's (2 or 3 plants, probably ~50/60W per)
    Ventilation: PSU/fan from PC tower
    Thermometer/pH testing/Nutes/Supps - needed?

How much will nutes/supps effect the grow?

I am looking for a decent personal yield (if attainable from this setup) but mainly just the experience. Basically my goal is a fun first-time grow with a decent smokeable reward :smoking:

I am a little lost on how to work the light cycle, so any suggestions on that are also greatly appreciated. Also, what should I expect for a first yield?

Thanks for the help-now time for a morning roast :bongin:

EDIT1: What determines the size of the plant? The PC tower isn't huge, so shorter bushier plants would be great

2. what kind of soil? Your best off getting one made from perlite, vermeculite, peat moss, and potting soil but something will all of that in it would do the trick too. I like FFOF myself. Also your going to need a exhaust and intake fan.anywhere from 80mm to 120mm pc fans will work fine. As far as nutrients go you shouldnt really use them until about week 2 anyway, just do some searches about them in the forum and youll find a good amount of info. You should pick up a therm/hygrometer at walmart for under 10 bucks that has a magnet on it too so you can easily just stick it on the side of the case. Monitoring temps in a pc grow is a must***. The insides of your box should also be some sort of reflective material. White flat paint, an emergency blanket, mylar will do.

Light schedules are really however you want to do them. Anywhere from 24/0 to no lower than 18/6 for veg. And usually everyone switches to 12/12 when they flower unless you have a autoflower strain(lowryder, dieselryder, ect

Hope this helps, happy growing.

Oh and your yeild will be no more than an ounce. Usually somewhere between 7-20gs a plant on average.

3. a shorter plant can be achieved through LST or a SCROG. Look up those two things in the forums. Also if you get a strain bred with lowryder the plants only usually get about 15-18 inches tall. Yeild is small but you dont have to worry about growing a 2 ft plant in a 18 inch cab.

4. The tower that I have has the one fan in the back, is that not going to be enough airflow? Maybe I could put a small fan behind the tower and open up a couple of those chip slots?

My friend has a bag of gardening soil that he just got, I will look and see what exactly it is that he has.

5. well one fan should be closer to the bottom(intake) and one fan should be up near the lights on the side higher up (exhaust). This makes sure theres proper ventelation for your plants stems to grow stronger and so they dont die of heat exhaustion.