Help 10 days old and reaching for the bulbs

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Dr.Jay, May 6, 2009.

1. They are afgan / lav goo indoor in fox farms soil they are 10 days old under cfl's about three inches from there tops. they started to reach toward the lights a couple days ago.. i was wondering if someone could help me diagnose the issue anything helps:smoke:

Thanks Dr.Jay

2. how many are there? and how much light you got?

99% chance the reason why they are stretching is because you don't have enough light on them. get a lot more light and they'll stop stretching like that. :)

3. There are 12. with three 23 watt cfl's they are supposed to be the hundred watt regular bulb replacement like i said they are hanging probably three inches from there tops. Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated!!

thanks Dr.Jay:smoke:

4. 69w is nowhere near enough for 12 plants u need like 400w at least

5. they are only about two inches tall

6. would putting them otside for the sunlight during the day until i get more light be ok anyone??

7. or a other way u can fix it by the way i do it . re pot and barey the plant further down and add more dirt so it smaller this allways works

8. What spectrum are the bulbs? If they are not the right color temperature then it's like not having any light at all and the plants will stretch. You want something around 6400k for vegetation and 2700k for flowering.

9. they are 6400k they are vegging

10. 100 watt equivelent means nothing. Use actual watts when planning a grow. 100 watts for the 1st plant and 50 watts thereafter.

My advice to you is to keep the 12 plants. It's probable that 6 will only be female anyways...... SO.... for veg stage, quickly go buy 3 Y splitters ($2 a peice) and 3 more bulbs in the 6500K Spectrum. This will be enough light for about 4-5 weeks. You'll have to bud them early with that minimal amount of light... and THEN keep your 6 strongest female plants. Once they show sex, push aside your 6500K and buy 12 26watters 2700K.

This is an idea for you to set up your lights...

[​IMG]

Check out S.F. Sage grow journal to learn how he made it very cheap

11. Thanks for that post that really helps alot!! i figured i would have quite a few males from stress and adverse climate until i get settled in so thats why i started twelve i normaly don't use cfl's i use MHL for my veg and HPS and MHL together for flower so any help with these cfl's is great