Hello!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Bastogne, Nov 26, 2011.

1. Hey guys! Thought I should introduce myself to all of you.

I live in Ecuador (That's in Latin America, for those of you who do not know), 19 years old, first year Medicine Student.

I am an avid fan of music and it's effects, and my tastes exapnd over a big range of genres, so I am interested in listening to pretty much anything you would like to recommend me, be it Grindcore a la Magrudergrind, Entombedcore a la Nails or sweet Jazz a la Chik Korea Electrik Band! Plus, there is still a shitload of stuff I have yet to hear, be it genres or specific bands, so really, am open to everything on this subject, and I would be VERY thankful if you hooked me up on some new bands.

As for weed, I smoke for my first time in June this year, but didn't become an actual smoker until around the beginning of November, when I bought my first quarter pound of weed. As such, I am still a novice on it and have a lot to learn!

I guess that's about it, but every question is welcome! :D

2. Hey man, welcome! always nice to see a new face around here...

How's living in south america? its one part of the world i havent really visited, and ive always been interested in learning spanish and moving down there for a bit haha

Heres a few songs ive been listening to, i'll try and vary the genres:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ef-4Bv5Ng0w&feature=list_related&playnext=1&list=AVGxdCwVVULXf_B70DCawWQNmPy5fojZ8S]Frédéric Chopin - Prelude in E-Minor (op.28 no. 4) - YouTube[/ame]
    Honestly if you like piano, or this track then you like most of chopin's other work... check it out

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9PHu_Mo-Rw&feature=related]The Girl From Ipanema - YouTube[/ame]
    Ive been playing sax more lately so ive been trying to find some cool jazz.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zORHBacK0Xo]Atmosphere - Higher Living - YouTube[/ame]
    And last but not least, one of my favorite artists atmosphere. His lyrics blow my mind on a daily basis.

3. Thanks for the welcome! :D
    Living in Ecuador is alright I guess haha. What with the crappy politics and shit, but I guess every country has their own crap to handle! I am guessing you are from Canada? I lived in Victoria BC for around 3 months! Great times.
    Liked all three of them, but the second one is particularly great! Loving it! Any idea of who is the artist and the name of the album? Good stuff!

4. Welcome to GC! :gc_rocks:

Since you are a medical student, you are going to just LOVE me! Just click that first link in my sig, and start reading! Cannabis is good for a LOT more than "just" getting high, :smoke: and I got the PubMed proof! :eek:

If you like what you see in that first link, check out the bottom of my sig for my email. I'll send you back a PDF of my BIG List! :yay:

Pay particular attention to the endocannabinoid system and Omega 3 and how they interact- they are the future of medicine! :D

Granny

5. Those are great, bro! Been checking some of them, especially the PubMed ones, as that is a really good site.
    Even though not all of them have the results displayed, I will definitely be taking a look into it later!

Going to PM you my e-mail now!