Hello to you all I am in need of help

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Uneverknow, Nov 5, 2009.

1. I'm currently running a hydroponic system with the roots in rockwool. On a couple of the plants this discolouration and distortion of the leaves has been an ongoing problem, even though the others are fine. And now, there is one plant that has started to become like this too. They don't appear to be dying or rotting, it's as if they're a bit retarded or something. I have tried to look online for plants that look the same but I have found nothing that looks exactly like this. Is it PH? Nutrients? Please can you help.

Attached Files:

• hmm.jpg
      hmm.jpg
      File size:
      435.1 KB
      Views:
  2. it looks diseased first i would pull that plant now, call it a loss. there are alot of variables that come into play.
    do u have or ever had pest with this particular harvest?
    are they from seed? or did u take clones from a mother/s? are they all the same strain?
    how often are u changing the water? tap or r.o.?
    nutients, ph, TDS (ec, ppm)?
    are u spraying them? if so are they still wet during lights off?
    are u keeping ur work/ grow stations clean?
    it doesnt look like a dificiency, if u could post more pix it would be great

3. Thanks for that bit of info in a virus so I did a bit of surfing the web found this the one I didn't want (Virus Mosaic). They all came from seeds 4 stains in here and my 1st time growing :mad: Ph 5.8 to 6.0/root stim/ A and B now my 1st week water fed manually daily 1 min 3 times on the drainage the others work on there own clock. I will pull these in the morning I just hope it doesn't spread now.. I will keep you informed thanks man...

Attached Files:

4. yeah get rid of it... all the rest look good
    good luck man

5. If that's the culprit(looks like it to me unfortunately) you need to toss all your growing equipment out, THOROUGHLY clean the grow room out and unfortunately start over from scratch( drip tote would be my suggestion). Tobacco Mosaic Virus is pretty much the worst you can get besides INSV. Treat the room as if a a-bomb went off and THOROUGHLY decontaminate the place and don't reuse anynthing that remotely touched those unfortunate plants. Stay away from tobacco especially live tobacco plants since TMV originally comes from that nasty herb.

6. #6 jinn420, Nov 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2009
    TMV is a very very persistent stable and can survive for very long periods of time in harsh conditions. Its been known to spread through smoked down cigarette butts. Shiz a friggin supervirus from hell if you ask me. Took my aunt 3 weeks of solid cleaning and disinfecting before she could grow in her house again. Good luck dude

7. im with jinn, it could have already spread

8. I have pulled out the sick :cry: I never felt so bad, a lot of them are good so far so I think I will start the flower cycle a bit quicker. Hope it doesn't ruin what I have left I think I have lost about 7 plants so far with it. If i get them budding fast enough it wont ruin the crop. If it catches young its ruined the crop if it catches late you can still get a crop from what I have looked up.
    Fingers crossed.