Hello-o-o-o-o? Outdoor is a ghost town.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by dankohzee, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Peeps have to be doing some serious blazing this holiday season because the outdoor section--and most of the rest of the city--is quiet as hell. What's everyone doing? Are any preparations being made for the season? Can you believe we'll be starting seeds in a couple of months? Man I can't fucking wait. I've been dying to grow some widow ever since it first came out and i'm finally going to get the chance to do it. Yippee! Hit me up GC! Tell me what's good!

2. Yo Dank!

I'm scouting my new sites these days (4 locations of 2-3 females). And yes I'm growing Op's WW and your TW. I'll get some of "Sannie shop" Ierdbei too as you know. I'm waiting for the mailman now. Need to buy peat, worm castings etc... I can't wait to see the fancy genetics in action and hopefully get the biggest and best quality harvest for me. I'm thrilled to be going all organics too. The city is rather slow which isn't a good sign for the future "growers". They will be all worried in July with "Is it too late to start now?" questions. Hahaha. I need to start digging pretty soon myself.

3. And I'm seriously blazing and vaping. I have a good excuse: off work for 2 days and it's pouring rain. I gotta go back soon on the field and find those sacred hiding spots. :D

4. LMFAO! You hit that nail right on the head Corto. This will only be my second year in the city, but i've seen it happen year after year. It's freakin august or even september and fools are still asking if it's too late to get started.

5. You lucky sumbitch! I havent smoked since December 1 and probably won't be able to until the first or second week of January (piss test). I'll have one more to study for this summer and then ole dank will probably be the first person in the history of cannabis to ever die of a THC overdose!

6. You've definitely been doing your homework though Corto. You should have an excellent grow this year. How is your spot looking? Is it 99% secure (no such thing as 100% IMO)? How much sun are you expecting to get? You say you're in southern europe--can you say what country? How is the weather there? Are there a lot of growers? What sort of area is your grow going to be in? In other words, are there a lot of people living nearby or is it pretty remote?

7. Hahaha! I'm in one of the bigger European countries, 30 minutes away from the Mediterranean Sea. I just freak out with posting pics and computers. I watched Terminator too many times maybe. I prefer not too for now, sorry.
    It's really super sunny and not humid here. It hardly ever rains in the summer. Season (no frost) is from mid March to mid November (or later even). I'll be bringing most of my soil mix. With a 25 minute car ride you hit the wild. If you continue 40 mins it's super wild. Some small/medium towns like mine are 1 hour away SW and NW. East side is the sea. So I work around that. I start with Google Earth, looking for general areas. Then I go. I went to 2 real nice places 30 minutes away (a little too far). Then I went back home and looked with the sat again at where I was. You can place crosses on the potential spots. But last year's grow was 5 mins from my house!!! (it wasn't planned ahead). I need 6-8 hours direct sun. More can mean too much exposure. I need water sources nearby for stealth. People grow a lot in this country. Cashcroppers are in the mountainous areas or very isolated places. You never hear about mj busts on the news. It's illegal especially at home (yard). Outside, no helicopters, For 2-3 plants they just rip it and that's done. Even for more (20 about), they won't wait for you to come back and jump on you!!! I'm cautious though. I'm lucky to live in a pretty remote area with a lot of sun. I can't wait to get started and use the knowledge I acquired here. :gc_rocks:

8. Gandhi was a great man.

9. Yeah that avatar is from a photo I took of a painting by a mexican artist named Gloria Valdez Tarasca. She's so awesome. Her work was displayed at my school and I was so impressed that I brought my camera and took photos of all her work: Santana, Kennedy, Lincoln, Edison, etc.

Sounds like you've got a good set-up. It's really just a matter of effort to find that perfect spot IMO.

10. What's up guys. Dank I feel for you with all that great looking grass it must be even harder to stop for a while. It was like this last year and the year before as well, all the outdoor guys enjoying the fruits of their labor.

I am so pumped for my trip to amsterdam and am going to stock up for a decade or so. So have do you guys have your seeds together? I just saw a picture of Lemon Haze from GH in the other section and it looks F'in awesome, going to check it out in Feb. I am also going to post a gro thread this year, WW from GH and Mr Nice side by side! and I am going to try for LUI Sweet Tooth, to compare with the Barneys from Dank. Going to be a good year I can feel it already.

Keep posting guy glad I am not the only one that cant wait for spring.

11. i know ghandi, hes a prick.

12. Not helped by the occasional idiot who comes along and says that his grow is going wonderfully now it is December !!

13. I have been preparing for next year pretty much all season....Digging large holes, feteliing them, killing weeds. I have three good plots already....Going for a fourth breeding one....Still need to get some good genetics. One ploit...possible a fifth plot....Going to be straight auto ak47's maybe a hundred of em. I am sure as hell excited. i love the out doors hence the name ODGG Out Door Guerilla Grower. Good karma and safe space to all.

PEACE

14. hey there dank
    Before i explain my sumer grow plans ill let you know what im doing for a late winter-early spring grow. Im going to get a few clones and let them flower outside...get an oz or two to last me a while.

Ive got my 2009 plans all ready set. In summary, im going for 10 clones from the club, rigged up to this watering system. http://forum.grasscity.com/general-...on-system-pics-outdoor-guerrilla-farming.html

I am taking finals right now at school, but when i get out on break i am going to prepare the soil with a peat moss, perlite, worm casting, vermiculite mix. Oh, and ill throw a dead fish in there to decompose over spring as well.

I hoping for some monsters...maybe outgrow you and OP this year :D haha
    Who knows? It might happen :)

15. Well as of right now I have ten holes dug and they are filled with peat, perlite, vermiculite, lime, and kelp meal...

I have decided that I do not like the area I thought would be a good spot. I placed the holes on the perimeter of a corn field and herbicides are giving me a scare. I would rather not worry about my plants getting sprayed and dying or me/anyone smoking infected buds.

I am going to dig up the peat, perlite, vermiculite, etc. and transport it elsewhere. I have a good spot, but I need to figure out the details a little more.

I guess I am glad I have the soil out in the open. That will help it mature and decompose a little over winter or until I transport it.

16. It is quiet in the Outdoor here, nothing growing at the moment. I am getting stuff in for the growing season, like most of us I guess. Will be sowing seed in about 3 months.

17. 3 months... Wow... I am jealous... About 5 for me...

18. make that 6 for me if things go well

19. I'm the idiot whose grow is doing well...in December. :D

I have four seeds started in the growbox, a Power Skunk about 4-5 weeks into flower and another girl that came from a hermi seed I made at the same stage. I just set 4 more PS clones out to flower. They have been vegetating since Oct. 7 (I think) in the box. Also another plant that is a cross between Ice male and a clone of the hermi (LB1) has been growing since Oct. also.

It's got to be tough to have extended periods where all you can do is think and smoke and not have to worry about the fuzz, or bugs and trimming and stuff...

20. This is no suprise to me. I would even expect the outdoor threads to be even more dead around this time. I mean it is Christmas basically. I can't even think of growing pot now without it driving me nuts. Although, when I do look at my Christmas tree, I want it to be covered in buds and white crystals.

Christmas time = save money for quality genetics.