Hello new here

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by PiFF, Oct 16, 2006.

1. Hey guys i have bein doin research for a good mounth now. And i have decided me and my friend in the next mounth or so will get an apartment and have a whole room for growing. Now we are seriouse about this so i would like as much help as i could get please guys this is a first time we are doin this but where not goin in clueless. We are trying to do this the best we can and of course we need help from experiance growers first

Now i bein looking around im from new york city im worried about how will i order the supplies here? Well i know the lights wont be to hard but seeds? I dont want cops to have any idea about this you know?... So i was wondering what would be the best seed bank for me and also im looking for a strain that would grow good and yield very high. Since we have no limit of space as of right now i was thinking of getting 2 diffrent lighting systems such as 1000 watt mh system for veggy and 1000 watt hps system for flowering. The reason i want 2 diffrent light set ups is instead of using one I can have plants always growing for example instead of having one light system threwout the whole thing i could use mh for veg then move them to other side of room which is the hps set up when it is time for flowering and put new baby plants under the mh so its a constant flow of growing if you get what im saying. And how many plants will i be able to grow under a 1000 watt sytem?

Also i wanted to know what method should i use? I seen all typed such as SoG, Some type of method with a screen i seen i also even see a method where hooks from hangers are holding down the plant so new bud sites could appear. What would be the best im looking for a real good yield so would it be better for me to use no method and just grow them? I could let them get pretty tall, Is tall the better? does that mean better yield?

I am trying to use the best of the best and order evreything offline that includes the nutrients i need help with this a little i need some inpute on what fertilizer i should use for veg and what ones to use for flowering, Also i need help one what type of soil i should use ETC. I want to get evreything in one shot and i just wanted to write this down now to get a head start, but we wont get aparment for another mounth. So please if you could read this and just answer most of my questions would be awesome thanks alot guys.. Im hopen this turns out real good im mostly doin this for personal stash and a nice size yield to make some money..

2. Apparently you are going into this a bit clueless. You don't know what soil or anything to use. You need to watch some videos, take the time to search this forum, and read over and over. I'm not tring to be a 'jerk'. It's just that these questions get asked so much and the people who frquent this forum often get tired of answering.

Do you want to do hydro, or a soil grow?

What size is your grow space?

You should be careful growing in an apartment. You have to deal with the landlord, etc...

Your electric bill will be expensive if you are running two 1000 watt systems continusally.

As far as where to get seeds. Either use bagseed from some good bud that you got locally, or order from Dr.Chronics website. Be aware that if you pay with a money order, then it may take a long time to receive the seeds; and a big chance that the money order will get lost. The quickest way to order is by a credit card/debit card. If you are too paranoid, then use bagseed. Have the seeds delivered to a different address that you won't be growing at.

But if I had a 1000 watt system, I'd grow 10-15 plants max. But it all depends on which grow method you use. I haven't researched all the different methods yet. I just got 4 plants growing under a 400 watt mh/hps. Most will tell you that 100 watts per plants is best.

If you have the money, female seeds is good to start with. Everyone says Northern Light is a good strain to grow. Give that a shot.

If you don't have much height to let plants grow, then research 'LST' method.

I prefer FoxFarm Ocean organic Soil. A lot of people like their nutes as well; I have them but haven't used them yet.

All of your questions can be answered by taking time to read this forum and downloading some grow videos. When you do enough research, then come back here and ask questions that you don't understand.

3. Dude i know a little bit about growing because i tried it before with cfls the reason i was asking for what kind of soil to use ETC because last time when i went to transplant the plant the soil was 2 thin like... wasent hard enough so when i would tip the pot over all the soil would just come pouring out lol..
    Thats why i asked what type of soil to use i will answer all those questions you asked me when i see the growing space i just wanted to get a head start before we moved into apartment. The reason i want to do 2 1000 watts is for maxium yield were all about yield and where also want some bomb ass weed.

4. I'm on my first grow and that happened to me. I went to transplant and the soil was all dry and loose. The roots were basically sitting in my hand and barely attached to the stem. I'm not sure what causes this to happen. It may have to do with watering throughly. But I transplanted it as best as possible into 5 gallons of soil and surprisingly the plants did very well. They didn't look like they went into shock. And now they are a bushy 13-16 inches tall on day 33 of veg. I haven't used nutes or anything. I haven't had to. That's why I recommend FoxFarm Ocean Organic soil. Check my grow journal out: http://forum.grasscity.com/grow-journals/116344-first-grow-pics.html

But yeah, you will get some good yield with two 1000 watt grow rooms and a bit of common sense.

Best of luck to you.