Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

hello im new and i have a ?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by gaschamber420, Jan 30, 2011.

1. hi my name is Denny and for about 3 weeks i been getting panic attacks :( and today i smoked some super silver haze and im feeling great :) can weed help panic attacks???

2. maybe in some cases. but it's usually the other way around

3. Hi hon! Welcome to GC! :smoke:

As to your question- it depends on the cannabis you smoke for some folks! In new users, a high THC, zero CBD, cannabis can sometimes set off a panic attack.:eek: But for many others, cannabis has an anxiolytic (anti-anxiety) effect. CBD doesn't get you high, but it mellows the THC high. Here's an oldie-

Sedative activity of cannabis in relation to its delta'-trans-tetrahydrocannabinol and cannabidiol content. (full - 1981)
    Sedative activity of cannabis in relation to its delta'-trans-tetrahydrocannabinol and cannabidiol content.

Since you are new, I really want you to learn about what a totally amazing medicinal herb cannabis is! Honestly, hon, you have NO idea! Shall we fix that? I've made something called "Granny's List" and you need to read at least some of it! There's a whole section on "Anxiolytic Effects" with over 2 pages of studies and articles listed like the one above.

Here's my friendly challenge to you, Denny (and everyone else)- Just click the first link in my sig and read a single news article from each subject. All of you can manage to read news articles, so you can't wimp out by saying the "sci-speak" words are too long or it's too confusing, or will take forever to read all those boring pages, and all that jazz! :p

But by the time you finish that one news article per subject, I bet that you will know more about cannabis than most doctors! (You might even share some of the actual studies with your doctor. The US Mail does not require return addresses. ;) )

Granny :wave:

4. oh wow thanks bro and im getting my recontamination next saturdaay and im reading that strawberry cough is a great strain for me and im looking for other amazing strains so please tell me some good ones :)

5. GSC can elaborate more than I, but I can just share my personal experience with panic attacks. I did start getting them a while ago, and found that using cannabis (specifically more indica-dominant strains) help with my sleeping at night, which is when I would find myself being woken up (literally) with panic attacks.

Since I started vaporizing before bed, they haven't happened since. Indica-dominant strains generally give you more of that relaxed "body" high (a.k.a. "couch lock"), which tends to make for great sleep.:smoke:

6. yes i have read that indica dominant strains help alot and im just trying to find a good indica strain that will help me alot so far i havent found a good indica strain yet but if anybody knows some good ones please tell me :)

7. well it seems to have helped you. :hello:

8. To be honest with you (again going on personal experience here), I've yet to really find one that didn't help.

Northern Lights #5 is my current strain, and it seems to help a lot with relaxation and sleeping at night.

9. forsure :D Northern Lights is an amazing weed

10. I get pannic attacks when I get confronted or startled really bad (like an almost accident)

If I smoke it makes it worse...... Then Ill do a few shots and I feel better...
    Pannic attacks are no joke... people just dont know if they have never had one..