Hello im new and i could use some advice

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Walter-White, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Hi as i said im new i started my first grow a little over a week ago my setup is as follows

a 250watt CFL light 

a home made tinfoil thing attached to it to direct the light down 

a fan 

watering can/sprayer

and all the other obvious things soil pots etc

my two plants are these 1 auto flowering northern lights and 1 ak48 plant the northern lights seams to be growing quite fast its already about 4 inches long (not sure though im bad with measurements) and has 6 leaves but the ak48 is barely pocking out of the soil the light cycle is 18 to 6 

so yeah i have a few questions what fertilizer should i use and how much will my plants probably give me in g for the buds and any other parts that could be smoked also im guessing the answer is no but will the northern lights give of seeds

also is there something wrong with my ak48 or is ak48 just naturally slow at the start 

any other useful info or anything would be appreciated aswell

2. Different strains of pot will grow at different rates at different periods across its lifespan. There is much more to a CFL than its wattage, the spectrum has much to do with both veg and flowering. I would need more info on your lighting, like the spectrum or exact type, what type of fixture etc. Plants do not give seeds, if they are not male, if you have a male then nothing is smoke able. Based on your experience as a first time grower, unless you address some issues, your currently looking at 30-50 grams per plant if you let them veg and flower properly. Some of the questions you ask like grams, nobody can answer for you, they are are your plants, everything you do controls those factors.     

3. i don't know its suppost to be quite good for both veg and flowering 

and you actually did answer it 30 to 50 on the low side and what do you mean address some issues

4. stop growing weed and go back to making that "heisenberg."

the fiends need you.

5. What kelvin rating is your cfl ?? It needs to be 6500k for veg and 2700k for flowering. Keep it as close as you can to the plants .. Put your hand under it.. If you can't feel the heat pit it closer

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. I don't know it was lent by a friend who can no longer grow himself he only managed to grow two plants but they where harvested to early because his parents where forcing him to stop so they didn't turn out as well as he wanted so he gave me the equipment to do it myself and i give him a portion of what i grow 

7. Can u take a couple of close up pics of it .. It should say on the built in ballist .. I have a 125 w and it tells me 6500k and my other one says 2700k

8. it did come in a box i can go upstairs and have a look at it brb

9. OK .. But if you can take pics that would be nice too

10. #10 Walter-White, Jul 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2013
    It says its cool white 6400k

also the plant has gone from 6 to 10 leaves since i checked on it yesterday 

and as i said ak48 was basically barely pocking out of the soil it has been doing that for several days without any growth and i went to check just now and it turns out its a bit of a stupid plant the root wich i thought was the stem pocking out is growing upward and the leaves downward but i dug it out and put it in the right way around and hopefully it will grow now

11. i currently don't have the stuff needed to take a pic and put it on the computer im using 

12. Hey uh guys... where did you all go its lonely in here

13. So guys what fertilizers should i use 

14. For veg, something on the high N side, for flower higher on the P and K. Example: veg, 3-1-2, flower, 1-3-2. Either through water soluble synthetics or home made organic.
    Plenty of different kinds. Most folks here are going to push you onto Fox Farms. Personnaly ive never tried it. If you do your research, read the labels, compare active and microbrial ingredients, you will find that many are similar. Myself, i use the Jacks Classic line. Its cheaper and just as good as a fancy label brand. Eventually mine will be completely organic. I will be brewing some this fall for my winter and spring grows.

15. Hey dude how's it going ?? Any updates ??

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Grasscity Forum mobile app