Hello, I am Capn Jelly and I have a problem...

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by Captain Jellyfish, Sep 30, 2017.

1. I have no idea why I just bought this pipe when I don't have anything to smoke out of it.... but I couldn't help myself... I fell in love and I have been wanting to do something for myself. So I am still super excited to get it, I am going to be waiting at the door like a puppy until it arrives. I guess it will be just sitting on my shelf for awhile. My excuse, got to have some eye candy, right? :oops::love:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  2. It is a beautiful pipe.

3. That pipe looks cool. I don't think you have a problem.

I buy pipes I like, just to have them. The best ones sit in a display cabinet and never get smoked.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Thanks! I couldn't help it... it was too pretty.

5. Okay, good. I am glad I am not as crazy as I thought I was. I used to have such a amazing collection until I moved. So I am super excited to get this beautiful glass work to stare at all day. X3

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. You should check out this thread: The Heady Glass Thread [Pic/Vid]

A lot of the older photos don't come up, but there are a lot of good ones you can see. The appreciation of fine glass work is a thing. :GettingStoned:

7. Oh my... I am nearly drooling from all these beyond beautiful pieces! Most of them I would not smoke out of. I would put it in a glass display case, kind of like how you explained. Especially that black and white bubbler with a octopus on it! Wish that baby was miiinneee!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Curiously enough, my 'headiest' pipe gets used. We call it the 'Fish Tank.' :D

IMG_0347.JPG

IMG_0348.JPG

It's sturdy enough to bounce off a brick wall, so I don't worry about passing it around.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I can see why you would name it Fish Tank and I am totally jealous! That is one thick ass piece! I hope mine looks just as good in person.

10. Not a problem at all I have a couple hundred invested in pipes and bongs that just stay in a box or on the shelf. Half have never been used and the other half were cleaned and retired.

I buy them when I have money to spare. I see them as an investment I can resell when Im old if Im short on cash lol

11. When I had to get rid of my old collection, I wanted to cry. But to see all my friend's faces light up when I gave them all my different pieces, made me pretty happy though. But I am back to square one besides my dry mini hammer pipe. I want to retire my hammer though since it holds so much sentimental value in it. If it broke, I would be beyond sad. But when I had my collection, I was like you, Wizard. I was swimming in glass pretty much and most of them were there just to look pretty. But I had a ton of friends who were like, "Really? You bought a new piece? WHY!?" and I didn't have a good enough response besides "Because it was pretty and I wanted to take it home with me."
    I guess it could be worse right? I could be one of those girls that are obsessed with designer bags and shoes. :smoke:

• Like Like x 1