Hello Guys First time grower here.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Herbal Hashishin, Aug 27, 2015.

1. More than a month old. Currently using 2 cfl 24w each. Planning to add 4 cfl soon. Any advice and suggestions will be greatly appreciated. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1440682371.450969.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1440682396.520203.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1440682415.242639.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1440682451.387972.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1440682537.707938.jpg

2. How hot is your grow area? Looks like you got a little heat stress going on. I'm on my first grow too but to me they look healthy other than i see some signs of too much heat. Try to keep it under 80F if it's hotter than that. They like it best between 73 and 79.

3. #3 PNWClosetGrower, Aug 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2015
    eerrggh! i keep posting twice because of some lag issue or something sorry.

4. #4 Herbal Hashishin, Aug 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2015
    Not really sure how hot. Heat from the area or heat from the light? Planning to get temp meter. Thanks for the advice.

5. The heat in general at the level of your plants and the radiant heat from the light matters too. I only bring it up because i see upcurled leaves and that's a sign of heat stress. I'm on my first grow too so i'm new and i could be wrong but i definatly see some leaves that are curling up pretty good. Everything i've ready says upcurled leaves means it's too hot i've been keeping mine in the range of 72-83 and they haven't stressed, when they go over 80 it's not for long, i check them obsessively probably 5-7 times a day. I mean how can i not, those are my christmas buds!

They do look nice though man your doing great with em, i have seen so much, so much worse! =)

6. CFL's do put some heat out in small confined places! Make sure you have some air circulation in there, generally I don't let anything go over 80 degrees. 76-78 does well for me with plenty of air movement. Air is particularly important when the plants start getting a little dense and leaves start touching each other. I couldn't figure out where these mystery drops of water were coming from as I was working the plants in my first couple of grows. Then I realized just how much these ladies transpire because water would be on the leaves that were touching. A bad recipe for PM...

Good luck!
    GHG

7. yup heat stress and a bit of over watering..the leaf tips curving down and the wrinkles in the leaves where it should be smooth show over watering...its not bad though just make sure not to water until its bone dry

8. Welcome my friend. I'm also a first time grower and just started on here. I want to suggest using mylar or something reflective to surround your plants and use all the light. You'll see a difference. I hope that helps. What strains are you growing?

9. Hi guys! My plants keeps on growing. Can't adjust the lights anymore and also wondering why theres still no sign of flower, already using 2700k CFL's with 12/12 cycle for 15 days. In a couple of days will be moving out. Should i cut them? TIA! ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1445707974.365908.jpg

10. What a heart breaker if you have to lose them.