Hello from Sydney, Australia

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Green Tentacle, Apr 7, 2014.

1. Hello Grasscity!

I've been lurking these and other cannabis community forums for a while, and as I don't have any friends who are regular tokers, thought I'd finally sign up to feel part of the community, if only in a virtual sense.

I'm a 1-2 times a week kind of guy, using the herb for its powers of inspiration, relaxation and general awesome feelings. I've also found it to be many times more effective than the pharmaceuticals I've been prescribed in the past for treating depression (I'm hanging on the day MMJ finally becomes legal in Australia - probably in another 10 years time based on the current attitude of politicians here :( )

My implement of choice is the Arizer Solo. Vaporisation all the way for me :)

Cheers guys, catch ya's round.

2. Australia sadly will be one of the last places to legalized.

Which is a shame, because I'd rather have rich Australian's famous for the weed they grow insted of famous rich Australias famous for being coalwhores :/

It makes me sad to admit we should be more like New Zealand </3 I bet they have legal weed within the next couple of years.

3. I'd bet the kiwis legalize first, but Australia won't be too far behind. Mark my words.

Welcome to the city, mate. :smoke:

4. Yeah things seem to be moving along in NZ much faster than Oz. They legalised gay marriage last year so it shows their parliament isn't afraid to consider progressive issues. Hopefully they do free the weed soon to put some pressure on our pollies here. Public sentiment seems to generally be in favour of it.

Man, with our sunshine and open space we could have acres of plantations to rival South America haha. The government is missing out on a potential thriving industry dammit.

5. I honestly think if Australia buckled down, planted huge fields accross australia, they legalised it all, and became and internatinal pot goldmine.

Countries like uruguay have already legalised weed and wants to sell it for $1 a gram to beat black market weed, and now they are looking for another country to import weed to them.

Australia has amazing land, and sunshine, we could damn well be the silicon vally of weed, and THAT would get out of this fucking debt.

6. One can only dream :)

I've started studying a biology degree this year, and plan to major in plant sciences. It would be so cool to be able to work in a nascent Aussie cannabis industry!

7. Me too. Long time lurker. I think we will be legal in the next few years. It's already decriminalised in Canberra (2 plants for personal use) so it's not entirely impossible. Fingers crossed anyway.

Sent from my portable vape