Hello from Sunny Florida!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by CannaLife, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Hi all. I'm from Miami, new to GC but I've been following the forums for about a year now.

My main focus presently is the use medical marijuana in a non-medical state (Florida), and exploring pathways to legalize marijuana here, as well as every other state in our country. As many people here have, I've seen the tremendous benefits of MMJ and am looking forward to what the future may bring. :)

Anyone else from Florida?

2. im from orlando
    never gonna happen unless it becomes legal on a national scale first.
    too many up tight old politicians

3. Being somewhat of an optimist, I think we aren't too far off to in at least making medical mj legal in Florida. If it gets on a ballot, senior citizens (which we have a lot as you know) jump on the bandwagon, I believe the 18-25 year olds would too. If Florida signs on for this, I think it will be much easier for other conservative states to follow suit. And once enough states sign on, it would be so much easier to getting it approved on the federal/national level.

By the way, I signed this petition yesterday, just thought I would help spread the word: ACTNOW

4. Tampa bay southshore (813) here...I just signed the petition, too.

5. Hey Charger, thanks. Yesterday the petition was in the 900s, today it seems like over 2300!

6. Yes miami me 2 I stay in miami gardens

7. florida has been damn cold recently. craziness

8. Damn straight...I don't know what's up with this weather! Glad I made crash brownies today. :yay:

9. It happens every winter...someone up north leaves the freezer door open!:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

10. HEY, HEY , HEY here in North Port! :p

11. Hey man, welcome to GC!

12. I've just started posting on here too, but have been keeping an eye on GC for a while. I just moved to 727 from 904. There's more old people here, and the people are also A LOT more uptight about smoking (it's colder there too, go figure). I've yet to meet one smokin buddy here, and have been here over 3 months. I think the problem is, convincing old people weed doesn't make you the same as a crack head, like they were taught.

13. Hey guys, just joined GC and wanted to say hi. I'm in the orlando area

14. I have read some things about Florida being so conservative that it will probably never legalize unless the feds do, and even then, they will probably hold off till they simply cant fund it at the state level any longer. I believe florida was in the top 5 for the worst states to get busted in? Not sure, been a while since I read that particular article.

15. ^ Ill agree with that, my girl had a friend who spent 3 weeks in jail over less than a gram in the 352 areacode.....fuckkk that...He coulda bonded out but was able to get the funds up.

16. :wave:i used to live in clearwater and palm harbor

WELCOME TO THE CITY THAT NEVER SLEEPS:rolleyes:

17. :rolleyes: HUMMMM! Well maybe we need to unite and use your vote for Ron Paul, don't be like I used to be, get out and be proactive. WE NEED TO UNITE and SPEAK UP for OUR RIGHTS!!!!!!!!!