Hello from rural NY

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Will_Blaze, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Sup Grasscity? I'm just a pretty normal dude from a small town in NY, a good portion of the bud in the greater surrounding area is grown in my neck of the woods, with great care. What can I say? I love the herb, I am very passionate about music. Guitar enthusiast, mostly metal but I also love old school hip hop, Reggae, everything really.

I'm on a few other forums around the internet, but I came here because this is the only place I would feel comfortable openly discussing cannabis.   

This next spliff if for you dudes :smoking:

2. Rural New York sucks. I'm from upstate. The only positive is the awesome locally grown bud.

3. What's up man? I'm in delaware county the shittiest of all upstate counties. Luckily the scenic beauty distracts from how awful it is around here.

Sent from my VM670 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

I'm from the 585 area, IMO one of the best parts of the state. Great bud, great people, great music scene.  

5. Word man. That's one thing I wish we had around here is a good music scene. I was in NJ for a few years doing sound, so I guess I just got spoiled by the scene at the shore.

Definitely want to get out that way though and check out southern tier brewery. Their stouts are amazing.

6. #6 kush70, Oct 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2013

lol horseshit.. thats not the only positive thing going for upstate

i was born and raised in upstate NY and am currently back home here after alot of travelin' the country... wouldn't trade it for the world

FUCK THE CITY LIFE !

country is the only way to go for me !

7. Haha I live in the southern tier. Awesome brews. Ithaca Brewery is like 20 minutes away, that's everyone's jam around here. Ithaca also has fucking great weed.

8. Yeah I totally get why some people love it. It just isn't for me. Does 't have what I want. No music scene. Really nothing to do that interests me. The finger lakes are beautiful but now that summer is over I'm gearing up for the coming shitstorm that is an upstate winter.

9. #9 kush70, Oct 8, 2013
    yeah i need to get up to the commons in the next couple days... which side of ithaca? auburn side or horseheads ?

10. Watkins. Live between Ithaca and Elmira.

11. #11 kush70, Oct 8, 2013
      cool

12. And I love the commons. I went to college up there and ha some pretty crazy times. I haven't gone to the commons since May though because they were renovating the whole thing annoy looked like shit. They had all the trees torn out and the entire middle section closed off. It was basically just two sidewalks with stores. It was depressing because it used to be so nice. Heady's though. That place is awesome.

13. Haha yeah I live in horseheads. Surprised that even as an upstater you know of it.

14. #14 kush70, Oct 8, 2013
    yeah i was up there about a month and a half or 2 months ago... fucking tore the hell up lol hopefully it'll look better when it's done..

the commons is great - I love Ithaca very laid back

heddies is GREAT ... expensive though... u see the bong at the counter with the phosphorous in it that lights up?... fuckin cool as hell

my other fave would have to be Tex fuck 3d lights and jabberjunk... can't stand em... too cluttered

15. That's awesome man. One of the bars in oneonta had flower power on tap last time I was there and it was delicious.

dude I wish I could live in Ithaca! I love it down there.

Plus, I mean it's like the weed capitol of NY next to the big apple itself.

17. Im going up there for college this august as a freshman. Anyone have any helpful tips/ suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

18. #18 Generic, Aug 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2014
    Shit man, originally born in Elmira.  Lived in fucking Groton, haha for 11 years in Tompkins County.  Just moved back Upstate after being away for a long long time.  Living in Cortland now.  Elmira I found more interesting.  Not sure if that's where your actually at, assumed Elmira, which is about Twenty-Thirty miles from Ithaca.

19. Yeah, Ithaca is pretty cool.  A lot of stoners, a lot of other hallucinogens available too.  Living in Cortland and it kind of sucks.  The prices of apartments in Ithaca have sky rocketed since I was last in Upstate (2008).

20. Haha dude yeah, I'm from horseheads, went to TC3 in Dryden for two years, and I go to school at Cortland now and live their during semesters.

I always forget to smoke because I get high and distracted.