Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Hello from Nebraska

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by BlaxMyth, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Hello grass city, saying hello from western Nebraska, seeing who is near. :)
    I have been Toking for 4 years now, not quite on a daily basis, but 3 to 4 times a week at least.
    Favorite strain is digital rust, which me and a coworker crossed super silver haze with red dragon, really strong indica dominant.
    Have made some good edibles and concentrates, but still a little sketchy on it, still learning something new everyday.
    Just seeing what cool stoners there are out there. Love the forum.
    Kudos!
    -C

2. #2 Storm Crow, Dec 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2013
    Welcome to GC!   :gc_rocks:   I'm in California, so I won't be dropping by anytime soon!

But as for edibles, may I recommend this post? BadKittySmiles does one heck of a good job when it comes to edibles!  :yay:

BadKat's CannaPharm: Canna Caps, UV Reactive GLOWING Hash Candy, Canna 'Bombs' & more       (forum post - 2011)  
    http://forum.grasscity.com/incredible-edible-herb/742831-badkats-cannapharm-canna-caps-uv-reactive-glowing-hash-candy-canna-bombs-more.html

If you are at all interested in the medical aspects of cannabis, I'm your "go-to gal"! I collect medical studies and news articles about the medical studies - LOTS of them! I have put them all into what is called "Granny Storm Crow's List". A lot of folks find my List to be useful.

So, let's say you are being confronted by someone who claims "Pot rots your brain!"  If you have a copy of my List, you just grab -

Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's      (news - 2006)
    http://www.webmd.com/alzheimers/news/20061006/marijuana-may-slow-alzheimers

"Innocently" ask him if he thinks that Alzheimer's is the ultimate form of "brain rot"!  Most folks will agree.  Then show him this passage which explains that rather than "rot your brain", THC actually protects the brain from Alzheimer's better than Aricept or Cognex!

“THC blocks an enzyme called acetylcholinesterase, which speeds the formation of amyloid plaque in the brains of people with Alzheimer's disease. The Alzheimer's drugs Aricept and Cognex work by blocking acetylcholinesterase. When tested at DOUBLE the concentration of THC, Aricept blocked plaque formation only 22% as well as THC, and Cognex blocked plaque formation only 7% as well as THC.”

Generally, folks like that get rather confused   :confused:  when faced with real medical facts, and not some re-hashed 1930s propaganda!  :laughing:

If you would like a free copy of my List, either send me a PM with your email address, or check out the bottom of my sig and send me an email! (If you are on an app, you may not see sigs).  I usually get a copy off to you within 48 hours.

Have fun at GC- you can learn a lot here! :hello:

Granny

3. Thanks! I'm always looking for something new to learn about.

I had no idea that you can make safe to eat UV glowing hash candy.
    Thanks for the warm welcome. I am on an app, and still trying to figure it out, I'm not technicallogically smart, so it might take a while. Will send a pm once I get on track.

4. I think you have to have 10 posts to do a PM. But there is always something to comment on at GC, so it won't take long!

Granny

5. #5 nanners, Dec 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2013
    I'm from Nebraska too, eastern, though.  :wave:

6. Used to live down in the Tri-Cities, and got out to Lincoln pretty frequently.

Up North for winter though.
    Fuck this cold.

7. I used to live in The Sioux cities area about a year ago. Horrible weed there when you have to buy it. But I wasn't able to grow so I ended up just not smoking. No use paying the prices I was when I know I would be moving back to OR. any way. But welcome the city, and I hope your weed is better the the brick crap I got when I lived there.

8. I live in Omaha. And yes, Its super cold this winter.

9. Red Dragon:  It's an exotic hybrid flower that is a cross between a West Himalayan Kush and Utopia Haze which is a Brazilian sativa.  It has a sweet, fruity aroma.  Slightly sativa dominant and makes you giggly and upbeat.  Great for people suffering from depression or stress.  It has a very happy and uplifting effect to it.  It can cause people to feel paranoid though.  If you're prone to anxiety it's probably not the best strain for you.  

Super Silver Haze:  It's a sticky sativa that will leave you with an energetic body high.  It's a cross between Skunk and Northern Lights and Haze.

10. Thanks everybody for the welcome. And yes, the cold weather sucks. It got 40 here in the west though so it's bearable. :)

^^^ @haneylauren, we will have a good time comparing strains. :) I thought it was an indica dominant. I got the 2 seeds of 2 said stains from nirvana, they grew, then I did a twist from the forgoing seeds a made a clone. It's not very upbeat, more like a major couch lock. Really awake, but couch lock. Lol
    Anyways, there's a few stoners in my area, but they're never around to get baked with, so I'm down to bake with some new stoners. Haha

Occationally, get some really knockout dank here, but there's times of the year it's difficult toget ahold of. Which is why. Grow my own as well. Can't wait to go to Colorado next year. :)
    Peace!!

11. [quote name="ncnug" post="19174494" timestamp="1387225975"]Red Dragon: It's an exotic hybrid flower that is a cross between a West Himalayan Kush and Utopia Haze which is a Brazilian sativa. It has a sweet, fruity aroma. Slightly sativa dominant and makes you giggly and upbeat. Great for people suffering from depression or stress. It has a very happy and uplifting effect to it. It can cause people to feel paranoid though. If you're prone to anxiety it's probably not the best strain for you. Super Silver Haze: It's a sticky sativa that will leave you with an energetic body high. It's a cross between Skunk and Northern Lights and Haze.[/quote]Red Dragon is simply my favorite strain ever.
    Omaha is the place to be!