Hello from Boston

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by PhishPhanPhil, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Actually, I don't live in Boston but when I tell people that I live in Worcester they ask me what that is near, which I end up just saying Boston. I'm currently on long-term disability because my epilepsy and narcolepsy prevents me from being able to drive or work safely. I am also a full-time online college student studying software engineering with the plans to get my BSIT and hopefully be able to work from my home and get off of SSDI. I have a very refractory seizure disorder which isn't responsive to any pharmaceutical treatment options. Over the past nine years of having seizures every month at least I can say with absolute confidence that there is no seizure medication or class of medication that has any effect on my seizure disorder. I even looked into brain surgery or a nerve stimulator as possible treatment options last November with an epileptologist and an inpatient EEG. After the EEG my epileptologist told me that there is literally no medical treatment options, surgery options, or alternate treatment options (nerve stimulators and other devices) left for me to try. She told me that my only option was to at least try medical marijuana. She actually recommended medical marijuana as an absolute last resort to "at least improve my quality of life" last December; not as a possible treatment option. Although it wasn't prescribed as a treatment option I haven't had a single seizure since I began treating myself with marijuana last December. The results have been so startling that I've been asked to host a couple of epilepsy support groups and other meetings at a couple of the Boston teaching hospitals on the topic of medical marijuana. Side note: My epileptologist as a noob neurologist either; she's nationally recognized as an expert in adult seizure disorders and has committed her life to this disorder. She's worked at the major hospitals in Boston (Mass General, Brigham and Woman's) her whole life and if anybody would have been aware of the benefits that marijuana has on epilepsy it should have been her. I actually have a team of neurologists because I am also narcoleptic (and have some pretty complicated neurological disorders) and none of them suggested medical marijuana for my untreatable seizure disorder. I can't wait to let Boston and Worcester know about the amazing benefits. I love it.