Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Hello folks, do my conditions qualify me for a mmj?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Donavan, Jun 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm 52, here is my list of maladies.

Diabetic peripheral neuropathy, which gives me constant chronic pain in my lower legs and hands.

PTSD and depression from losing my wife and two sons in a tornado. Found my wife dead in the neighbors yard and my sons were tore apart and found in the trees beyond.

Phantom pain from an amputated toe.

I have no idea if pot can help but from what I've been reading here and there it looks like it's worth a try. Heh, that is if I don't end up in jail.

So what do you people think?

Thanks. :)

2. yeah it will definitely help and you apply.

3. If you are in California, you'd qualify just on the neuropathy by itself. Your other conditions are also qualifying conditions. For the laws in other states, check with NORML for the MMJ friendliness of your state.

My sincerest sympathy on the loss of your family.

Granny

4. Thank you and thanks for the info guys.

I live in Texas so I'll have to move apparently. I wonder which state though. California seems like a very expensive place to be.

Anyway, thanks again.

5. Thanks for your sharing.
    :) hope you will be well.

6. you're willing to move to another state to smoke pot when you dont even know if it will alleviate your symptoms?

why not buy a dime bag first and kinda test the waters???:confused:

7. #7 The Budmaster, Jun 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2009
    Colorado is extremely cheap, and an amazing state. You should come here. :)

And yes, you should definitely smoke before you move somewhere.

I don't think even one dime bag is enough. Different strains have very different effects. I'd say smoke 10 different strains (or less if you find one that really works well for you) and then make a decision.

8. Yeah your eligibible in most MMJ states. Like the others said though, I'd smoke for a good month before picking up and moving over this. Why not just get a good dealer?

If you do decide to move though Cali er Colo :wave:

9. Well I won't be moving until my Dad passes, he's 84. Lately after losing my family I tend to move away from "reminders of misery" that kick in my PTSD to an unbearable level.

Right now I'm taking hydrocodone for pain. But I'd prefer an alternative. In any case, even if marijuana doesn't help, I can still get that.

As for buying marijuana illegally, here in Texas.. might be a really bad idea.:D

Thanks again for all the good info guys.

10. dude your old you should take a trip to amsterdam and see all that marijuana has to offer:smoking:

THEN, when you like it, you can just grow:hello:

11. Sorry to hear about what happened to the family, but if your state has medical MJ what do you have to lose? Try and see.

12. #12 Donavan, Jun 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2009
    Texas has no legal medicinal marijuana program. So I'd have to find some street dealer to get any to try. And since my luck sucks.. I'd rather not go that route.

Of course when I was a young man I tried it recreationally 30 some years ago but I wasn't in the pain I am today. And I don't have any friends that smoke it these days.

My situation is lame. **Edited

Frankly I think it should be legal to begin with. I don't remember it making me nuts or being addictive 30 years ago. The only time I've done anything stupid was when I was drinking booze. And it's legal. Silly.

Thanks again guys.

/ramble mode off

13. er.. nevermind that part please. Just slightly drunk and frustrated, thinking outloud.

Disregard!

**please edit your quote!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.