Hella tough decission, I need your help.

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by FortyTillFive, Oct 23, 2009.

1. So my best friend has loathed this girl forever. For as long as I can remember- and she knows it, and he knows that she knows. Shes funny and beautiful, and has a great personality. But I recently found out that this girl liked me since my boy started liking her. I have hung out with her a bunch, but never knew she liked me that way.

A couple of days ago I drove her to her appartment but she was locked out, so I hung out with her until her roommate came home. We went out to dinner the next night but I didn't let anything else happen.

So GC, is it wrong of me to take the girl of my best friends dreams from him? I don't know how he would feel if I started dating her and I'm just looking for some opinions.

2. you dont mean loathe do you?

3. Is your friend going out with her? Are they on the verge of hooking up? If he's not making any moves, then hop on it.

4. This is strictly IMO, but just because you are infatuated with someone doesn't mean you should "be with that person" (in regards to your friend). If he's really your friend, he should be proud of you for getting such a fine lady. If she likes you, that's what she chooses. I say go for it.

5. If you're really his best friend and want that to continue then stay the fuck away. Dibs is called when your best friend is interested and you know it. It's common courtesy and respect.

However, you could do what you want with her but I don't see him, if he has any self respect, ever talking to you again. I know I wouldn't. I don't want any friend that thinks that's okay.

Look at it from his angle. His best friend just stole the girl he was interested with full knowledge of the consequences. It's not even a matter of the chick now. It's the complete lack of respect he's been shown by YOU. Guys have definitely gotten their asses kicked for less.

6. talk to him about it
    thats happened between me and a friend and after we talked it was all good
    he realized there were more fish in the sea, and that if she was interested in me his advances would be in vain anyways.
    so if hes really a good friend talking to him should be un dramatic and you should be able to work out which way that will go

7. It sounds like your already dating her.

8. Man, what your friend does is none of your concern. You can't call "dibs" on people, mate. She chose you, that's not your problem, and it's none of his business.

But loathed means hate, brah. Wrong word.

P.S. I remember saying this exact thing on another topic with the exact same context, and I remember it starting alot of shit. So watch that.

9. Go for it man take the chance, after all she likes you.

10. stay away.... been there, done that, lost friends...

11. the question should be "what does she mean to you?"
    if shes worth more to you then the other guys friendship (not saying this would happen, but its possible) then go for it. if shes not worth losing your best bud then dont go for it. again, im not saying that he would stop being friends with you but if shes worth it then nothing else should really matter

12. If your friend and the girl mean that much to you, then just talk to your friend and see how much of a friend he truly is.

13. I'm really kinda shocked by how many people are just saying go straight after her and fuck your friend.

Is a piece of ass really worth more than your best friend? Bros before hos?

14. Ask your friend first, and tell him she has been coming onto you/likes you (if you're that good of friends). If he is a good friend, he'll realize you have his back and likewise if that were ever to arise again. If he's cool with it, then go for it, if not, maybe think twice. Although from the looks of it she won't ever like him that way, or else she would have. So talk with him about it.

15. If he's your 'best' friend, that could be lifelong....and, that's hard to come by

But, on the other hand, everyone has a soulmate out there somewhere, and she just might be yours...

Tough call....I would try to talk to your friend first...see where it goes and then make your decision as to what you should do

Good luck! :wave:

16. It's not up to the two guys to decide who the girl will be with. Sounds like she's made her choice.

17. lol... yeah its the girls choice but you're friend is going to be pissed..
    it doesn't matter what the girl thinks. your friend likes her and thats the bottom line.. go find a girl that your friend doesn't like.

and don't give me "BUT SHES SO COOL"

haha

18. dont do it man. a real best friend is hard to come by and if he find out uv been with her hes gunna flip and most likely will begin to hate you and will ruin ur friendship

19. Listen to this one! :hello: I have let a few fine ladies go just because I knew my best friend had already shown interest. He is married now, not to them. I missed out on that fine, fine, pussy, but I didn't disrespect my friend.

20. talk it out with ur boy before u start mackin dat, serious