Hell Yeah!! Officially a Delt!

Discussion in 'General' started by Blaze_It_Up420, Apr 13, 2008.

1. Hell yeah, last night I(along with friends) got initiated into the Delta Tau Delta Fraternity. I am so excited to wear the letters around campus and oh man, such a awesome feeling!:hello:

I cant wait to be an active part of this brotherhood and take over and lead it once the senior are gone next year. Awesome friendships and good times ahead:D

Any blades involved in Greek Life? (Fraternities and Sororities)

2. So what IS a fraturnity? Is it a bunch of jocks who form some sort of a busta gang or wha?

I've never really understood the point?

3. Still haven't gone to college.

Too busy to "make a living" seeing and experiencing the world/life. But, I've got plenty of friends in the college right down the road who are in Frats. They love it. :)

4. My brother was in Zeta Beta Tau. But it got shut down because no one paid there dues so now they do all their shit off campus which im pretty sure is super illegal.

5. Hahah no, not many of my brothers are that athletic, we usually get our asses kicks in the Fraternity Intra-mural(casual) sports. But some of them on campus are pretty athletic. We have a ton, 17 frats I think and 7 sororties so there really big up here in Maine.

Basically its a big brotherhood. We have a massive house, 4 story mansion that most of the brothers live in, including me next year:D

We throw some killer parties. We have events, fundraisers, community service stuff. Just like living with your best friends and you make friends you would never have been friends with otherwise.

Its awesome!

6. So what did you have to do for initiation?

When I was college there were fraternaties and was offered one or two times, but declined. I wasn't a crowd person, or really cared about a sweater with letters on it, with 17 people behind me. I was there to learn I guess, and they were all jocks and sprt junkies. I hung out with the musicians and artists, and of course, in this conservative province the arts are just no popular or considered worthy. Sports and hunting and the oilfield are though.

I've rambled enough, good for you though. If that's what you want, then that's all that matters.

7. Top Secret:cool:

But nah were not really jocks, but most of us are pretty into sports. I mean its all different types of people into different things. Thats why its so great, you bond with people that you normally wouldnt even talk to.:)

8. I'm a brother in a fraternity at my college. Great times. I made alot of friends and met my girlfriend because of it. I owe alot to my frat

9. I've never really understood the point of a frat other than to have party all the time, connections once you graduate (if you graduate) and to have ready-made, paid-for friends. Hm...could be wrong though...

10. i guess if you cant understand it you dont deserve the benefits.

11. I'm pretty sure you just answered your own question.

12. I want the benefits?

13. you of all people know im never cereal.

14. mmmm muffintops

15. I can't say that I've ever felt the urge to join a fraternity. I mean I guess I understand the point and can see why some people would want to, but I'm more of a loner. I prefer to make friends based on what we have in common, not what Greek letters we call ourselves by.

16. haha.

thats the same thing as people saying stoners hang out together just cuz they all smoke weed,

not cuz they play sports together, like the same video games, like the same music, enjoy a good game of tiddlywinks,

nope, its only cuz they smoke weed.

17. actually, most of the dudes in frats in my town do smoke weed (SURPRISE)

18. how is that a surprise?

lotta dudes with daddy's money bored with a granted life doing drugs cuz there's nothing else to do.

yea im not getting the surprise.

19. Yay stereotypes! Thanks for making assumptions! I'm surprised you aren't apart of DARE or something

20. dude calm down.

im in a fraternity too.