"Helix" Bong + Attachments

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Ganjas Majoris, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Hi y'all. Just thought this might be an opportunity to show off my cool piece. It has taken a while to build up, and about seven hundo… :X

[​IMG]

Smoothest ever.

Attached Files:

2. Nice piece man got a milk vid???

3. You're using wayyyy to much water bro.

4. Woah woah woah. You spent 700 on all that? No offense but those ash catchers look like chinnese prodo and I've owned a helix bong with helix attachment coated me 120. Sorry I just don't see $700 since you cam get a worked toro or even a SOV at that price that will last. Knock that helix over once its game over trust me my cats tipped mine it broke on the joint and it didn't have half the attachment and shit as yours. All I'm saying is be careful that thing looks like a disappointment trap. Take some of that stuff off there's just no need!

5. Good idea!

Definitely in this picture, yeah. This was the first time I filled everything up & my logic was that if I had less air volume, the smoke would get to my mouth quicker. Totally wrong. lol. I use about a 2/3 less water now.

First of all, GravLabs blows in my hometown and we get the cheapest prices on them, period. The only other shop I've seen them as inexpensive as here, was in Alaska of all places. lol.

As there are two sizes of this bong, $120 is the smaller model.. mine was $245. They go for $300 elsewhere-- never seen it cheaper in any US state, EVER. But the initial ashcatcher, I know I overpaid for at $190. But I have never, ever seen another one like it. The 11-arm was $125. (also high.)

BUT… this WILL last me a lifetime, just as any other high-dollar peice.. the thing is thick as fuckkk. However, it did get knocked over once & I had to replace the 11 arm perc… now it's only got a 9 arm. But nothing else broke.

Thanks for the input, but it works perfectly fine for me & mine. :)

Here it is next to a full-size wine bottle.. it's huge..
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

6. lol 190 for the ac and the 11arm 125. Dude are you serious...

7. LOLOLOLOLOLOL. YAH, I'M TOTULLY S3R1OUS. :hippie::hippie::hippie:

Sorry that I prefer to support my local shops & blowers, as opposed to the overpriced commercialized glass that I "could just buy" anywhere. :/

Come riiiiip it & tell me I overpaid for it. :smoking: lol. I'm not trying to be a dick..

8. I like that helix pre cooler... Does it help much? Regardless of what you paid looks like a solid piece.. And I've always like helix! Happy tokin!

9. My avi pic is my grav lab piece, and I love her to death. Thing hits like a champ every time, and their blown here in Texas. Well, for the time being...they were supposed to start outsourcing to china at the beginning of this year so anything done before is going to be the only true grav lab work.

10. um 1. Those AC'S are not locally blown dude lmfao, 2. you overpayed for overpriced commercialized glass that you just buy anywhere lol. Helix aka gravlabs isn't exactly the fuckinng king of the castle in the glass game. You can find them anywhere, even on GC. I've had a helix so i know they're a gimmick. and draggy as fuck. dont be mad because you wasted 700 bucks on shit you shoulda spent 300 on MAX

11. It's clear the Helix twirly thing is a gimmick. What else would it be? It makes the smoke go twirly-twirl and it looks cool when you're stoned. Am I right? It doesn't make schwag taste like cherries jubilee....does it? Because if it does, then I'm buying one (I love cherries jubilee!) tomorrow. ;)

Whenever I see bongs that have like three percs and zig-zag bends and all those things...well....aren't those things gimmicks, too? I think gimmicks are pretty cool, sometimes.

Sometimes, buying glass is like buying dispensary weed -I want one of whatever they got! If I saw one of those Helix deals in the shop, and it was priced within my budget, then I might give it a shot.....mainly because I'd want to see the smoke go twirly-twirl when I was stoned! ;)

But my (friendly) criticism of complex pieces with lots of tree percs and spinners and doo-dads, is that they appear to be more difficult to keep clean.

Bottom line is that OP came here to show something off that he digs and is happy about, so there's no need to rain on his parade, man. It's like, he invited us to a party to come in and see. If you don't like the party, there's no need to try to make the guy feel bad for throwing it. Just go look for a party you like better...or throw one, yourself and see who comes.

I spent too much on my new bubbler, too....but I'm very happy with it....As long as I keep it clean and it doesn't break, the cost of it will melt over time.

Cool Helix, OP. Glad you dig it. Thanks for sharing.

12. Nice, but that is a lot for what you have there. I'm getting a custom sheepdog worked double inline recycler for less then that.

Here is my helix. I do love it.

[​IMG]

(It has a lot less water in it)

13. The whole 2 a/c thing is just silly, every time I see someome doing it.

14. It's totally not a gimmick. I'll have to take a milking video. -_- lol.

It's never, ever, ever hot AT ALL. The spinning action is also worthwhile aesthetically, but I do believe they went function-over-form on this piece-- it hits so fucking smooth. The influx of air through the holes adds to the resistance when hitting it, so you can milk just a FUCKTON of smoke. It takes typically does TAKE TWO BREATHS to completely hit it, but the first one is just milking, and the second is just clearing. If you don't milk it too much, you can clear it in one, though.

I know that it seems a bit much, and yes it is tedious, but I don't mind changing the water every other time or so… keeps it to maybe once a month that I actually have to "clean" it.

Over time, I've realized the extra AC's are worth nothing but milk-time, and aesthetics-- but hey, I fucking love it. I thoroughly appreciate your (friendly) criticism.

Ohhhh, really? Because I haven't been to the shop they're blown in, or anything. I totally don't know anyone who opened up a headshop recently. And actually, you're an expert! Piss off if you're going to be an ass about it..
    I thought this was supposed to be a community, not a bunch of bullies at recess, fuck. I would spend $10,000 on a spoon if I fucking liked it… would you not? A piece is about more than your bargain, man. :rolleyes:

15. Fuck yeah, man. In Austin! I am away from Texas wayyyy too much. -_- It still says on their website that they're in Austin, anwyays!

Appreciate it, man! It does help, because from time to time, I like to just take it off and K-Clip the bowl to it & just hit it like that! Still so smooth!

16. So how was your trip in india? :rolleyes:

17. Lol. :hello: Good one.

18. after smoking more high end pieces ive concluded that the helix bong is aight. BUT it looks sexy as fuckk. I own a beaker bottom identical to the one posted before. if you want to rip the bong to hits full potential i suggest getting a showerhead downstem. i got a grav labs one and its an amazing combo with le helix bong

19. Wow I bet you love the stale taste of smoke. taking a rip in two hits is high school to say the least. just milking a tube for more then 3 seconds makes it taste like nasty trash, even if it was top shelf at my dispensary. I had a grav labs bubbler that broke in 2 days. the mouthpiece was crooked too. I mean if its local that would make me want to buy it too. enjoy it, I do like the logo at least.

20. You know you paid too much when and Australian can get that setup for half the price:rolleyes: