helicopters

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by k4rts, Feb 7, 2007.

1. what do they look like? the ones that search for plants, because ive had the same helicopter flying around my neighborhood for about 15 minutes, its flying very low

2. From the links you posted (Cali Ounces) the peace officers only look like their looking for big yeilds of marijuana plants. Do you think they would bother with only a plant or two? An would the heat signature only one plant look something like a single animal in a feild (such as a boar, panther, deer, or even a human)? But hey, what do i know...

3. its the helecopters with the f.l.i.r. or forward looking infrared pod that would normally be mounted on the outside of the aircraft that should worry you. if you can catch a good look at either side of the craft you would prolly be able to see it mounted on the side. its about 3 feet long. do a google search on "flir pod" this is what they use to do infrared searches. there are other small scale versions of flir but i bet it would be hard to use them on a large scale search.

*edit*
    also, since flir is part of a weapons system im not sure if you would see it on anything but a police or military chopper

4. the pig-copters look like they have bazookas or a cannon on the side of them.

5. i think narcs and hikers would be a bigger problem than whirly birds if you only got a plant or two man. and in most of the videos and shit ive seen they dont even use the infrared they just fly around till they see shit. they frequent areas of previous farms too

6. i've seen it. Kinda scary. They got a big camera mounted on the front. some places use big choppers that can carry a pay load or about 5-6 people. It takes that many people to bundle up all the weed :)