Helicopters???

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by logy, Aug 2, 2012.

1. I love how our country is up to its neck in debt, yet we still have the money to blow millions on drones to settle a livestock dispute in the middle of no where. 6 cows, who votes these people in...

wonder how many people in our country could have eatin or miles of dilapidated roads could have been paid for with that money. I read somewhere that our Olympic athletes are taxed on their gold metals as income.

We need another war to keep the dipshits running are military preocuppied, otherwise The war on drugs is gonna escalate to marijuana eraditaction bombing raids, and water boarding anyone with blood shot eyes, with a bag of Doritos in there hands

2. Believe in aerial surveillance! I spend a lot of time in the hills and I've seen air traffic up drastically over the last week. Single engine planes and choppers. I'm allergic to jail so I pay very close attention to all details.
    This being said, I've lived in open Midwest areas and never seen the black choppers, but the DNR planes are used to search. I've heard it first hand from a friend that's a game warden. It's got more to do with where you live. In the mountains with lots of secrets under the canopy, more air traffic. On the plains, less....

3. If you want a first hand account of a good dude who got 1 plant busted by choppers, just look here:
    http://forum.grasscity.com/outdoor-grow-journals/1025131-thebluemagoos-outdoor-grow-take-2-a.html

Newspaper article included.

Also, you said you'd take your 100K in cash and put it in the bank and the cops couldn't touch it? How are you gonna explain that to the IRS? They see all sizable transactions. Have you ever heard of the RICO act? Feds will throw that at you without much cause, hell the Catholic church has been named as a defendant in a RICO case before.

4. Ooooo man that makes by booty pucker. . .only two-three hours away. . .

5. Logy, did you say you have a garden hose going to the site? if so, the police can, and will, pull it up and follow it to its source. btw, i witnessed national guard black hawks flying low and in a type of perimeter sweep (flying in circles in a grid-like pattern) last year. iI could see the guy very clearly in the gunner position (out the side door) looking down as I was grilling on my back deck.

6. I'm really reallly really worried, I'm not at my home but my family is and i have 12 ft plants towering, and I don't want any one to get in trouble. WTF AM I DOING.

i know what i'm doing , I'm fucking up hardcore.
    hashtag hashtag scared

NOTE THESE ARE IN MY BACKYARD DUFUQ BRAH! should i tell my parents to rip them, they have a month to go and they rarely are at home due to work....anddddd my mom doesn't know wtf to do if the man came down.

7. same here brother, this shit is getting my jimmies in a ruffle.

8. Damn dude, I just had what looked like a blackhawk helicopter fly directly over my house and my grow. I shit you not, it was so close it shook the foundation of my house. I'm not gonna go near my grow for a days just to be safe. Im in western MA btw.

9. Oh thank god I am legal. I just smile and wave as the pass by.

10. If you dont believe they bust people by choppers then youre lying to yourself and will probably be caught. Theres a guy on here just last week or so that got busted w ONE plant in his garden. Everyone always told me that planting in your veggie garden is safe. Well i call bullshit. Thats an old trick and the fuzzare more than hip to it. You know how many crops get confiscated in giant corn fields every year in my state?? A shit ton. If they see a garden from a chopper you best believe theyre gonna look twice at least. I tried the veggie garden idea this year and it does help camo but you need camo the most in sept and oct and guess what?? Your garden is brown and dead by then. Youre fucked if they fly over. It was the first year i grew on my own property and i can fuckin guarantee you it will be the last. Like ive said in other threads, in my state you only get one get out of jail free card. Why waste it doing dumb shit and planting in your backyard? So you can mess w your plant more? Well the cons outweigh the pros on that hoss. You get in good w an old farmer who will let you grow and play dumb and give him some loot or you go to the farms that you have permission to be on for hunting and fishing and you hop over to their neighbors and find a good spot to grow. Thats just how i see it. I cant wait for this cat and mouse shit to be done.

11. I can tell you guys the 3 best cover "crops" if it applies to you area. #1 Morning glories. They have a very similar color and stay green till a freeze. #2 Kudzu- the give off a tremendous amount of heat, stay green till a freeze, and also tend to take over and destroy a lot of acreage in the south. The only con is they will pull your plants to the ground if not regularly maintained. #3 is small pines. Pine tree farms are good places, such as where trees are 12 ft or less. Even with the IR, it is very difficult for them to detect cannabis in young pine trees.

Like KB said, a typical veggie garden is the worst place ever to grow. The only sizeable grows I've ever known to be pulled in a field were clones put out late amongst fall peas. Most all summer crops will be brown and dead long before your cannabis is ready. Either that, or grow some massive pepper bushes, hide them in between them, and hope for the best.

12. Sorry, thought this post died..

So far so good here, I have seen a few air meds flying around, but nothing too crazy.

No reports of any helicopter bust in my state so far this year.

Plants are looking god damn beautiful and the irrigation is keeping the whole acre green and lush with 0 visible trails.

They are sticking out a lot more than during their veg, but that was to be expected

I still feel that helicopters pose a very small threat to anyone growing under 100 plants, and one is most likely to be busted by a routine traffic stop than a random helicopter fly over.

No one ever put their 2 cents in on the percentage of grows that are busted by random helicopter fly over. I say 1%....

I just feel growers focus way to much energy and capital on that 1% and should be focusing all that energy on the other 99%....

13. Good luck to you. People have tried to explain it to you man. Maybe where you are there isn't enough cultivation to warrant large scale aerial searches, but for many of us, particularly, Ky, Tn, and the Fl panhandle they beat the woods down. A lot of people get disillusioned by thinking that if they find 1500 plant patches close to my house I'm in the clear with my 20 plants. That is dead wrong. Finding large quantities gives local LE more funding to launch an initiative against it, therefore making it far more likely to find your's . I posted a small article from close to me, did you read that? That is typical here, and what it caused was a solid 2 weeks of flyovers with choppers and small planes that netted over 15,000 plants. Most plots found were less than 25 plants each. Ther were a few 150ish sized patches found, and only one person caught entering a patch by a sting op, which was also spotted by air. You can live with your head in the sand, but the truth is if they spotted your plants on such a small parcel of land they will do everything in their power to put it on you. And if you have irrigation ran to it from a well that belongs to you, they will use that to drive the nail in the coffin.

14. Basically sure logy is trolling now.

15. Trolling??

I am confused now, are you guys saying that helicopters are a common occurance in other states. What percentage of outdoor grows are caught by random helicopter fly overs. You guys seem to be dancing around that question. I can only speak for my state and I would guess it is 1% here. I have read a lot about KY doing a lot of marijuana eradication flights, Country grow, you seem to be knowledgeable about that state. Would you say half the people sitting in jail for cultivation were put there by a helicopter??

16. I would say thats a good estimate give or take.

17. I'd say over 50% here. If the patch is large enough to warrant surveillance, they will fly away and sit on it. Most times big time cash croppers have their own surveillance as well and it doesn't lead to any arrests, they just abandon the grow. The people who get caught are just poor saps trying to grow 20 or 30 lbs to scrub by on.

18. [quote name='"poppybgood"']I'd say over 50% here. If the patch is large enough to warrant surveillance, they will fly away and sit on it. Most times big time cash croppers have their own surveillance as well and it doesn't lead to any arrests, they just abandon the grow. The people who get caught are just poor saps trying to grow 20 or 30 lbs to scrub by on.[/quote]

Yep. Exactly. Workin men, who if there lucky there crop wont get stolen, erdicated, or smashed or eatin.

Some of the old timers have said.."if you want 40 plants come harvest...plant 40 for the cops 40 for the thieves and 40 for your self"

Makin 20k a year doesnt cut it for most these people..so they try to "scrub by with 30 pounds or so" it can make all the difference for alot of kentucky families.

But yes i would say 50-60% of outdoor grows in this part of the country get heli busted.