Helicopters???

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by logy, Aug 2, 2012.

1. You cant be a third grader and type in helicopter weed busts.

Its called a aerial search or aerial spotting.

2. DEA isnt who comes and arrests you for growing pot, the sheriffs dept or state police do that. They are also the people who fly over and look for your pot.

DEA isnt gunna go look for your 2 plant garden grow, but you are a fool if you think the state police or local police wont.

3. I just find it hard to believe that they can cover that much ground, my county is 600 square miles and we share 3 helicopters with the major metropolitan county next to us. thats like finding a green needle in a green haystack.

I definitely believe that givin a chance they will bend me right over for any amount of marijuana possessed or grown no matter how small, thats there job and what gets their dick hard....

I have heard of cops catching wind of someone who grows and doing a fly over of there property to obtain a search warrant, but never by randomly flying around residential areas scoping for plants.

I still believe that of the 1000s of people caught growing each year that less than 1 or 2 percent were caught by helicopter fly overs, contrary to what people are led to believe on these forums. when you hear of someone with a 20 plant grow next to an elementary school worrying about getting caught by a helicopter, when that should be the last thing on their mind

I appreciate the articles,they definitely got me thinking about purchasing an anti aircraft battery.

I also remember reading an article that claimed that of the 400,000 pot plants seized in Kentucky that like 97% or 98% were ditch weed.

I will try to post a link cause it might have been TN, I cant remember

Thanks for the info, now im off to go get a Xanax script

Also I never said anything about DEA, im not even a blip on their radar

4. Cornbread maffia comes from Ky. KY produces a SHIT ton of weed and alot of the old strains from the pre 1980 cornbread days still exist.

But yes a tremendous amount of shit gets grown in ky. Disgusting crap.

If you know where to get it the good stuff is there.

Good luck with your plants.

5. my bad, you misunderstood that part, I didnt mean it was shitty weed they find.

We call ditch weed, the wild hemp that grows everywhere, it dosent produce buds. Its like what they used to make cloths and paper out of.

They find huge fields of it and set their copter right in the middle, then they tell big brother, the feds ,how much marijuana they have found. Then they get more funding, it is probly the biggest waste of tax money ever.

I will look for the article, it was done pretty well

6. [quote name='"logy"']my bad, you misunderstood that part, I didnt mean it was shitty weed they find.

We call ditch weed, the wild hemp that grows everywhere, it dosent produce buds. Its like what they used to make cloths and paper out of.

They find huge fields of it and set their copter right in the middle, then they tell big brother, the feds ,how much marijuana they have found. Then they get more funding, it is probly the biggest waste of tax money ever.

I will look for the article, it was done pretty well[/quote]

They find small to large crops of human planted weed ALL the time in the KY national parks. And all along the green river.

Mostly by helicopters. Its in the newspapers all summer long.

7. Logy, it seems you just don't want to believe that the truth is yes, you are in some amount of danger of being spotted by helicopters. Country grower just posted the proof you have been pleading for, and you say, well they can't see mine cuz they have so much ground to cover. It's a chopper dude! They get around quick. And they don't just pick one day and that's it. They go multiple times. The proof is their. Read it, and believe it. Good luck to ya bro.

8. Public Testimony of NORML Opposing U.S. Government's Domestic Hemp Eradication Program

this is about how the state police beef up their numbers to get more funding from the federal government. 1 million plants sounds like a way better bang for their buck than 1 thousand.

the federal government does not recognize the difference between a beautiful Royal Kush, that has been babied into a gorgeous healthy beast, from an industrial hemp plant left over from crops during world war two, that contain no THC and has never been touched by human hands.

here is the auditors report the article was based on
    http://auditor.vermont.gov/sites/auditor/files/cannibis.pdf

This is what causes all this misinformation on marijuana, its a shame that our system works like this. This is a major flaw with our Justice system, and why we have a larger prison population than China and Russia combined. Its tuff to eradicate something when your lively hood depends on finding it. I hope that makes sense, it sounded good in my head

If the cops won the war on drugs they would be collecting unempoyment, where is their incentive to win.

If they legalize marijuana than it would not be fun to grow and not nearly as profitable........... wait that dosent make sense, I mean fuck the police

9. Jbuz, even after I googled the terms aerial search, aerial detection, marijuana eradication flights, I still have not found the 1000s of arrest by helicoptor fly overs you would think that there should be from all the threads and post on this forum. Again, I would estimate 1% to 2% of cultivation arrest. when you read all the warnings and peoples fear of these flying pigs, you would imagine that the majority of people arrested for cultivation are from helicopter surveillance.

I totally understand the risk associated with this unique hobby we all share, Live by the sword, Die by the sword. If anyone takes anything from this thread its that, there is a risk of helicopter flyover, all though very slim, you would be a lot more likely to be turned in by your own mother or best friend

I remember a statistic I once heard that I think sums my theory perfectly.

When you go to the beach, you are 10 times more likely to be killed by a falling coconut than you are to be killed by a shark. Yet you dont see people wearing hard hats on the beach, but one mention of a shark and people are terrified.

10. I woke up this morning and heard chopper sounds, after all the shit I had talked yesterday about Helicopters, I was shocked to open my front door, only to discover this flying 50 feet above my property

Isnt Karma a bitch, its been following me all day!!!!

Attached Files:

11. Lol. Seriously tho?

12. Growing on your own property in a state where its illegial is bad enough, but usually the people that do it also have a hunting rifle or 2, maybe a handgun in the house so they get charged with: Possession of a firearm in the Commission of a Felony and get to spend 10yrs flat for that. They only get a couple of years for the pot but the gun is a real fucking.

13. Guess logy got busted...

14. No, I wrapped my head in tin foil and it left me alone,

Clodhopper, that is good advise, that everyone should listen too....

I gave up owning firearms when I started doing this, its funny you said that cause one of the only people I have heard about getting caught growing didnt follow that rule.

The guy had a decent sized grow in his basement, and had takin pictures of it. Then his wife leaves the camera at the grocery store, low and behold she gets a call from the store saying she left her camera. when she shows up, the cops are waiting for her, and get a warrent and search the house. They find the grow and a shitload of guns, an AK, bunch of hand guns, im talking waco shit. He got federal charges on the weapons and I think even upgraded the cultivation charge to a federal charge. I believe he is still serving time for it. plus they had a small child and were fucked with hard by DFS for child endangerment.

If he didn't have the weapons, it would have never left the state, and woulda got 5 years probation. Poor guy, but an AK come one, i think it was even reported stolen or some shit.

I was doing some searches with those new, higher education terms,you enlightened me with and I found the form that the police use for the marijuana eradication, when they find plants...

How funny would it be if I had it filled out when they came kicking my door in, I wonder if they would give me a deal, for saving them paperwork.

15. You are on ODD individual.

16. I keep a 9 next to my bed loaded with saftey on....

Honestly i dont see how that would be a problem, its obviously a home protection weapon.

17. Because, ' drugs' as they label marijuana and fire arms together they can royally fuck you so they do.

18. Published Tuesday, Sept. 27, 2011 | 1:57 p.m.
    Updated Tuesday, Sept. 27, 2011 | 3:17 p.m.

Marijuana grow operation busted in Spring Mountains

Law enforcement authorities began dismantling a marijuana grow operation Tuesday in the Spring Mountains that is believed to contain about 9,400 plants.

Lovell Canyon area
    Map data ©2012 - Terms of Use

Law enforcement authorities began dismantling an outdoor marijuana grow operation Tuesday morning nestled in the rugged terrain of Lovell Canyon in the Spring Mountains National Recreation Area west of Las Vegas.

Police spokesman Bill Cassell said Tuesday that the U.S. Forest Service is overseeing the removal of the estimated 9,400 marijuana plants. Cassell says it could take two days to remove the plants.

Metro Police Lt. Laz Chavez of the narcotics section said a helicopter took those involved in the raid to the remote location.

It's unclear whether authorities encountered any suspects when they arrived.

Today's operation marks the third outdoor marijuana farm dismantled in the Mount Charleston area since last month. In mid-August, authorities seized 4,685 plants - worth an estimated $23.4 million - from a site in the Deer Creek area between Kyle and Lee canyons.

19. [quote name='"clodhopper"']Growing on your own property in a state where its illegial is bad enough, but usually the people that do it also have a hunting rifle or 2, maybe a handgun in the house so they get charged with: Possession of a firearm in the Commission of a Felony and get to spend 10yrs flat for that. They only get a couple of years for the pot but the gun is a real fucking.[/quote]

So if you own a legal gun but your grow is not on your property, you'd be fine? Well obviously if you were caught with the grow you wouldn't be "fine" but you would not receive a weapons charge?