helicopter threat?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by SmokeDaddy69, Feb 12, 2013.

1. I have heard alot about helicopters that fly over towns in search of cannabis. is this true? And will i have to set up precautions because of it?

2. Thats if your using 10 1000 watt lights and put out a heat signature or growing outside and the plants stand out.Whats your setup to properly answer your question.
    AnUfF

3. I have 9 plants in three locations they get plenty of light so i have no light bulbs in place they are also near a water source.

4. So I'm taking it at a outside location?If so, the plants can be noticeable from the air.Depends on surrounding are foliage,colors of foliage, etc... Some outdoor growers grow in corn fields.Plants have similar height,color and harvest time(Feed Corn).
    AnUfF

5. Yeah outdoors the foliage around is fairly small i live in OK so all the larger stuff is muted and brown nothing like cannabis. There still young so i can move them into a denser area if needed.

6. If the plants are getting sunlight they can see them if they look where they are.
    And they check likely spots. I thought mine were cool till the Nat guard flew over
    and sent the sheriffs dept to investigate. Long story short it cost me 6 months of my life.:(
    mj:smoking:

7. Feel free not to answer, but may i ask how many you had? How close were they to each other? How did you get caught?

8. If you are growing outdoors in a state that is illegal hou should take every precaution to not get caught. Imo you should grow indoors or dense forest.

9. #9 marvajuana, Feb 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2013
    I don't mind answering it may help some poor soul like me. I had 28 plants total. they were from 2 to 6 ft tall spread out over 8+ acres of swamp and bushy growth. They were competing with the native growth planted close to bushes and such so they did not stand out to the naked eye.
    I have done this many times successfully but,Today they have that damn FLIR.
    I would have been cool except for one mistake I pulled a male and left it in my burn barrel, That is what they connected me to the grow with. Anyway that shit is over and I am committed to helping as many as I can to learn to grow,My personal Protest against these unjust laws.

Just an afterthought, If those girls had made a pound each It would not be worth the 6 months I lost. something to think about.

10. a pound in australia is worth $3000-3500. If your 28 plants all reached 1lb each that would be $84000 tax free minimum. If thats not worth 6 months... haha

11. Sorry to bug just one more question how did they link you to those plants to come to your house in the first place?
    Thanks again!!

12. My nearest neighbor is a half mile away so they came to talk to me about it and as I said I had pulled a male and put in the burn barrel (how stupid I know)
    one of them spotted it:( If not for that male I would have only lost the grow) Outdoor growing in southern Mi is getting harder they busted 1800 plants about 20 miles from me this summer.

13. You didn't do the time.:devious: