Helicopter pilots that blaze up responsibily

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by HIGH HELICOPTER, May 6, 2010.

1. #1 HIGH HELICOPTER, May 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2010
    This forum is for pilots all over the world that fly and smoke responsibily.
    *NOT TALKING ABOUT SMOKING WHILE FLYING THATS IGNORANT*
    Talk about
    DOT Testing
    Your most interesting flights.
    What type of flying you do.
    If you have any questions regarding becoming a pilot dont hesitate.

Anything and everything for stoner pilots:smoke:

Im not expecting many posts i feel i am a rare breed,
    Any others?!?!:smoke:

2. Never been in a helicopter, although a coast guard one took off right next to me while I was taking a piss in the long grass next to the launch pad.

Were you ever military or just decided to learn?

3. No military. Traded a college education to fly now i inspect powerlines in a helicopter. I love it its a dream job for me anyways.

4. oh that does sound like a sweet job. thats really cool dude.

i'd love to learn how to fly someday. but its one of them things i doubt will ever happen.

5. I feel really blessed for the oppuritunity to do. Training is very expensive 300-500 an hour depending on which type of heli your flying.

If your interested in doing it and dont have the finances the military is def the way to go.

6. Woah, are you like thses dudes???
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tzga6qAaBA]YouTube - High Voltage Cable Inspection[/ame]

7. The FAA would kick my ass.:smoke:

8. Ive been in a Helicopter once one of the coolest things ive ever done. Were flying over a huge river and a gust of wind shook the shit out of the Helicopter, but the pilot was so calm about it he kept his cool when most of us thought we where gonna die.

there was actually a crash recently from the same tour company that gave us a ride. All in all you have one of the coolest jobs in the world and are among some of the bravest blades on here.

9. Thank you for the kind words .:wave:

Where was your tour in what state?

10. NYC doesnt bother me really i whould use the same tour company again.

11. :smoke:Yes unfortunately that is a reality that may happen eventually but we always pray for the best.

12. all you have to do is the training to become a licensed pilot? I was considering culinary arts school but honestly being a pilot has always been a dream of mine.

once you have your license is it difficult to find a job, and what are the requirements if any

13. damn I found it really cool to become a pilot too I think the idea is awesome but my left eye is wack and I know that it may stop me from having some opurtunities like flying a real plane which you have to have perfect vision in both your eyes. Too bad you cant learn how to fly in a traditional college or something because the idea of going to flight training which is mad expensive just doesnt sound like a very stable idea for me

14. I was born with ambliopia in the eyes. I was always told i would never be a pilot because my eyes werent good enough. As i started approaching the end of high school everyone was all stoked on going to college and stuff and dont get me wrong i LOVE college not to mention the perks. However i was not seeing myself in the suit and tie position walking around the office everyday. No my office was in the sky and i was determined!

HERES THE DEAL:
    If you are interested in flying and your eyes are bad consider this:

If your eyes have developed long enough to where you are use to your vision the FAA is required by law to issue you a faa medical waiver.

I got the waiver once and never have to worry about it again..
    As for as the job outlook plan ons pending AT LEAST 70,000 on training and plan to make 40,000 a year for at least 2 years until you get your hours up enough to fly the good stuff.

Flying is amazing and i believe everyone should experience the cyclic first hand.

15. My current Vision flying a helicopter near powerlines every day.

Left eye 20/20 Right eye 20/60

16. I've flown a helicopter before, it would be fun high, but to be honest I think I would enjoy it less because I'd be so concerned that I was going to fuck something up from being high.

17. yes not much room for error

18. I agree. I get clammy palms driving my car if there's even a modicum of anything intoxicating in my system. Some people can pull it off, though I've always resisted such people - my anxiety just goes through the roof and even if I'm just remotely buzzed, my driving skill goes into the shitter.

No way I could or would fly a Helicopter if I had smoked that day. Now riding in one, that's a different story.

:D