Height to Expect

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by KSpliff, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Okay, so i'm doing a lot of pre-first grow research and i have a pretty simple question (i think). What kind of height can i expect to get out of most grows, as in, if i were to build a cabinet being approx 8'-9' high, how could i split up the levels? I'm sure it all depends on strains, lighting and other conditions but a rough idea would really help me out. I'm planning on using CFL tubes so i can keep them about 2" away from my ladies, and also to keep heat down.
    Thanks guys!

2. You are right there is no answer you can go from 8 inches to 8 feet.

3. I'm not an expert i am in the middle of building my first grow box but as i was doing research it led me to believe that you can control the height by shortening the veg stage and flower them once they are filling about half the grow space. Anyone on here please correct me if I'm wrong but that is my impression.

4. indicas generally grow small & sqautty & sativas high,wide & handsome.

also topping your plants will help control height as that encourages side growth.

but generally when you veg & want to put onto flower remember the plant will at least double in size sometimes nearly triple in size, depending on what strain your using.