Height of grow box in closet

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by andrew415, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Im building a grow box this weekend for my plants Im growing now, Im germinating 8 but only intend on finishing with 3-4 females.

I have a 4 tube flourecent fixture going to be mounted inside the box (HPS is out of question for my first grow due to heat and cost)

Now my question is how tall should it be ? I know the length and width because of my fixture but how tall should I build it, I guess the plants can get really close to the flouros becuase they dont produce heat.

I was thinking about 3 feet?, Its not a stealth grow but I dont want it to take up my whole closet ya'know?

2. no one can tell you how tall to build your grow setup. thats not really going to be enough light though. just build it how ever tall you want the finished plant to be, then flower when its a little over half of what you want it to be when finished.

3. Thanks bro

4. I would go as tall as possible. Grow big trees for big yields.

5. i got a stealth box and its 3ft tall. just use CFL's instead of tubes. also read up on topping, my plant is 4 weeks old and its only 6inches cause i topped it.

6. I have one plant in a bubble bucket and its about 4ft tall a week into flowering...

7. There are micro grows but I don't think the yield is worth the effort. I have a 40" tall growbox that would be tall enough if I weren't so greedy and veg. for 2+ months. I can grow one plant in the following space:
    <table x:str="" style="border-collapse: collapse; width: 249pt;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="332"><col style="width: 57pt;" width="76"> <col style="width: 48pt;" span="4" width="64"> <tbody><tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt; width: 57pt;" height="17" width="76">Cubic Feet</td> <td style="width: 48pt;" width="64">Height</td> <td style="width: 48pt;" width="64">Width</td> <td style="width: 48pt;" width="64">Depth</td> <td style="width: 48pt;" width="64">sq. ft.</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl24" style="height: 12.75pt;" x:num="10.416666666666668" align="right" height="17">10.42</td> <td x:num="" align="right">40</td> <td x:num="" align="right">25</td> <td x:num="" align="right">18</td> <td x:num="3.125" x:fmla="=(C2/12)*(D2/12)" align="right">3.125</td> </tr><tr><td valign="top">
    </td><td valign="top">
    </td><td valign="top">
    </td><td valign="top">
    </td><td valign="top">
    </td></tr> </tbody></table>