height after veg?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by CaliLife, Jun 22, 2009.

1. just wondering how tall i should veg. i'm doing 16 plants under 1 1000w. i want them to be tall (even though i will still stunt and train them) but only have about <5 feet of vertical space (the height of my setup is 7').

so my question being: how much height should i expect after flowering? still about 1-2" per day or a lil slower?

Thanks guys!!

2. Given you have 5 ft of sapce, you will want to start flowering at about 3 ft, they will grow to about 5-6 ft when flowering at about 3 ft, depending on strain, some strains really stretch during flowering.

Typically, I have had certain strains, like Thai for instance, grow up to 4 inches a day, however this is under optimal conditions(light, temp, humidity, etc...). Typically I grow my indicas to about 2-3 ft, and my Sativas to about 3-4 ft before switching to 12/12. On avg, and dependant on strain, they usually double w/ the exception of some Sativas which seem to stretch a little more during the early stages of flowering.

less

3. awesome! thanks for the help.

4. Ive always read that we should plan on 2-3 times the veg height when finished...... plan accordingly

5. This a good answer. I've had plants triple in size and I've had plants barely change, it's all in the genetics for real. Watch out for them hazes they easily become monsters

6. this is my first grow (i'm going to have to journal for you guys :smoke: ) so i'm planning on doing some indicas so i don't have to worry about crawling as much. i'm going to plan on flowering after they've exceed a foot.