Heavy smoker having issues to eat

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Kayss, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Hiya, I've been smoking weed for 12 years as an occasional smoker. However I've been smoking every evening for over 10 months now. The amount of bud required per day (Otherwise I get cold sweats...) kept increasing smoking a quarter (oz) every two days. I don't get high (I don't feel any difference after I had a joint) and I eat occasionally as, when I haven't smoked, I'm having issue swallowing food and when I've smoked my appetite is gone. I have to force myself to eat in order to have enough energy to handle work but that's about it.

Do you guys think my hunger issue is related to weed? Any similar experiences? Any advice yo keep some weight?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. #2 BrewsnWeed666, Aug 7, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2017

3. I've got friends and I'm not greedy. Quarter every two days is what I buy. I'm not counting on what I give away but I smoke most of it myself yeah.

Thanks for your help mate. ;)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. sounds to me like you have an undiagnosed health issue. I would go see a doctor to be honest. I smoke a ton of ganja and have never heard of someone having a reaction like you describe. I will say that it could be your symptoms appear and when you smoke they get relieved. So it appears as some sort of withdrawal or something like that. Doctor is definitely in your future....

• Like Like x 2
  5. Yeah some stoners go through that.

You smoke too much.

• Like Like x 1
  6. try taking a break, if that doesn't help... see a doctor.

every piece of literature suggests that MJ will only increase your appetite, hence the infamous "munchies".

p.s. you may want to switch to vaping as a daily user. it will save you a ton of money in the long run, and will probably have a much more positive effect on your overall health. (inhaling any sort of smoke is not good for you).

• Like Like x 1
  7. OP died....

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Thank you guys for your advices.

I'm interested in the vaping optIon "well highdrated" mentioned even though I really don't enjoy regular vaping. Could you please let me know if it is available online or you have to buy the liquids "locally" ?

I only had 3 joint yesterday, 1 single and 2 Ls
    I will try to keep it this way for a few days and see if I eat better :). Then if that doesn't help I'll have to see a doctor. is it ok to talk about your herb consumption to a doctor in the U.K.? (I'm foreigner so I don't really know...)

9. #9 BrewsnWeed666, Aug 9, 2017

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. What you on about mate ? 35-45 quid a day ? I don't know where you buy your bud but I get pockers for 50 quid a quarter. I agree it would be way to expensive. But some people spend over 50 a day on other drugs you know?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. #11 BrewsnWeed666, Aug 9, 2017

12. As for seeing a doctor like I said they won't do anything apart from tell you to stop smoking/lecture you about it

13. Why you keep questioning the amount I smoke ? I wont benefit from lying to people i don't know. I'm asking for advices, so I stayed as genuine as possible in my initial post... I'm 27 man.

Anyways, thanks a lot for that. I would have hidden it from the doctor. However wont he focus on cannabis instead of looking at the issue I have? As you said he will lecture me etc...

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. #14 BrewsnWeed666, Aug 9, 2017

15. Sounds to me you are stressed out. You obviously are seeing how much you are smoking. Stress effects appetite. But if you feel like the weed is fucking up your appetite then just stop smoking it. If your appetite comes back then boom, you solved your own problem. Good luck, hope you get well soon.

16. vaping is not just for liquids/oils. there are dry herb vaporizers that work amazingly well.
    a lot depends on how stealthy you have to be... but check out the vaporizer forum, or if you want a personal recommendation look into arizer air. it's a great vape that's reasonably priced and reasonably small.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Well first off when I increased my smoking I switched from joints to bongs. Saves so much money and in my opinion the high is stronger. It gave me my harder hits and stretched my quarters longer. And when I have to travel or something and ganja is no longer accessible I've recently found a CBD oil from a local smoke shop. I can fly with it and it helped me to eat, sleep and not spazz out on family members due to withdrawal. Maybe being away from home bareable for me. You may need to clean out for awhile just to get back to that clear high...

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

18. Tone it down man that's all it is. Cut back on smoking so much and make sure not all your meals coincide with a session. Paranoia and subsequent anxiety doesn't help stimulate appetite either. Weed is still a drug in that it has effects on your biochemistry both good and sometimes bad, it is not ambrosia.