Heavy Rain

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by MinusTheBeae, Aug 28, 2010.

1. Ok, i didnt think it was gonna be worth picking up till i did. I LOVED it. the storyline drew you in so well and the choices made it all so crazy. Anyone else got any ideas on this?

2. Yeah bro, fucking awsome game its like your own movie. I wonder if there will be any other games like this, could be a whole new genre of video games.

3. heavy rain is the shit. I loved it. Like dr. ganja said it was like a own little movie:smoking:

4. Heavy Rain is an important step. Marks an important milestone on the long road to truly interactive fiction. But it is just a phase, not particularly large. Ultimately, the heavy rains do not excel at one particular aspect, to ensure that this title will be no more than a curiosity.

5. I was eagerly anticipating this game since I heard that Quantic Dream was going to make another game similar to Indigo Prophecy (Fahrenheit for our European friends). I was checking out the graphics videos, trying to find leaks about the story, everything! In fact, this was one of two reasons for me buying a PS3 (God of War III being the second).

The graphics are so damn amazing and the interactivity and storyline has even won over my pretentious friends who didn't think this was going to be a great game. My boss, who considers himself a gaming connoisseur, borrowed it from me and spent a whole week trying to get every different ending because he "was so into the fucking gameplay [he] couldn't put his controller down."

I'm going to have to humbly disagree with adriennbelly, since this game is going to be a pretty large factor for the future of gaming, especially with the age of 3D gaming and near-virtual reality gaming upon us. They're already patching Heavy Rain to be one of the first games to be used with the Playstation Move, which will probably make the gaming experience even richer than with the Sixaxis controller.

It's not a traditional game in the realm of shooters, survival horrors, or platformers, but the Choose-Your-Own-Adventure feel gives aspiring directors and lazy readers alike the game they've been waiting for.