Heavy Rain

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Genith, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Looking to get opinions on this game. Im considering buying a PS3 (If i can find one) for this and God of War III.

2. Definatly a better system. They wont break as easy as the cheaply made 360. :smoke:

3. ... but the 360 has the more impressive collection of games and a better online service. It evens out.

4. but also you have free online play with ur games instead of buying it on 360...plus blueray and web browser

5. Is the whole game just quick time events? Like push X now type of shit?

6. Yes but I still STRONGLY recommend the game as the visuals and story are incredible and the QTE control system has had alittle more innovation. For example, when you have to climb a hill, it is physically hard for you on the controller because you must always have two buttons held down at once and the button sequences picked are deliberately awkward, causing your hands to end up all over the controller(had to use my tongue once!).

This game has a lot of standard QTEs, but also some new types completely that are actually designed to further connect you to the game like the one above.

And if this game and GOW 3 arent enough to make you want the ps3, how about this: the ps3 released in 2006 with 256MB of XDR ram, XDR is alittle more than 50% faster than DDR4 ram, DDR4 doesnt come out till 2012.....

7. no it doesnt.

8. Yes, It does. It has a more impressive list of games and a better online service. This is common knowledge.

9. Guys, cut the shit with console war garbage, both systems have their pros and cons.

10. Heavy rain has a nude glitch for one of the chicks, its pretty hot haha

11. #11 guyverman, Mar 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2010
    No, Im sorry, there is no comparison. lighting and physics(almost the same at this hardware level) very much so make or break a game for realism. If scientists want ACCURATE calculations, they use single and double PRECISION calculations; otherwise known as floating point. Those 6 specialized "SPEs" on the cell are designed to be heavy FLOATING POINT engines. It also has a dual-threaded 3.2GHz PowerPC core capable of running crysis no prob on it's own.

Oh and the RAM that released with it in 06 will still be 50% faster than PC RAM released in 2012(DDR4).

Like I said those "SPEs" allow physics and lighting values to be much more accurate meaning GT5 is using a single physics model based solely off of insanely accurate measurements of the real life cars(The weight increments being within .0001 of a GRAM!).
    This is why Heavy Rain,KZ2 and UC:2 have such incredible lighting and its doing this with HALF as many graphical pipelines as the 360!

And the discs have 6x the spa.... wait, 44.4X the space of a 360's DVD9(ps3 can play 400GB BD with firm update). With built in wifi and bluetooth? This is a VERY vast gap in capabilities while it maintained to be cheaper(off the shelf value**) than 360 throughout the entirety of it life so far.

**360=(110$ for 120GB HDD upgrade(not included)

100$ wireless

200$ useless hd-dvd drive

250$ 5 year consoles release lifespan online cost(50$/yr)
    (500$ for entire consoles lifespan)
    300$ average console

= 850$

Just the online(must have) and sytsem will cost you 550$

**PS3=(99$ 640GB HDD upgrade)OR(400$ 120GB SSD HHD thats 5x faster at downloading and in-game loading, almost instant)

300$ console(with all its perks stated above and below)

so for less than half the price of a 360 TRYING be a ps3, the ps3 has 44.4x more media space, It's HDD space is 5.86X CHEAPER It has roughly 10X more floating point power than the 360, and it has ram that will remain to be the fastest for almost 10 years(typical is 3-4). Oh yea and SSD cant be done yet on 360's proprietary hdd; funny cuz even with a SSD thats the same size as an elite's HDD, the ps3 still manages to be cheaper even at it's 400$ pricepoint.

Cmon now the ps3, was some insane value that people didn't see at first because of 360's head start and the general markets were blind to microsoft's ass-hattery with proprietary add-ons and total cost of online fees over its lifespan.You can always trust the japanese because they produce their electronics with the japanese in mind, as they are not as blind to systems specs and correlating value as majority of the world.

12. What? I feel like u added a whole lot of stuff to the xbox that u didn't to the PS3. I got my xbox for 200$ at Gamestop whiich I'm almost certain came with a Microsoft warranty of 3 years. Xbox Live is 50 bucks a year, and a linksys game adapter is about 70 bucks. Thats $320 dollars, roughly.

Don't get me wrong I like the PS3 more than the 360 but to say that it costs 850 for a 360 is quite dramatic lol.

13. 850$ is not dramatic when it's derived from microsoft's brand new optional add-ons that would have to be added to attempt to rival ps3 in capability. your used prices still arent good =

200(console)+200(hddvd)+70(linksys)+250(5/yrs online(launch to next gen)= 720$, 520$ with no hd dvd. It's not worth it, I could spend alittle extra on a SSD and outdo xlive on psn.

I'm trying to explain the sheer value here, you know......."value", one of those big reasons you buy a console over a 700$ crysis rig.

14. Only one or two replies were actually about the game itself...

Do you guys realize how ridiculous this shit is? Who cares what system someone uses? Do you start arguments with people who don't use Bics? Or who use Rizla instead of Zig Zag? It doesn't matter.

15. ^This

the game is actually pretty good, doesnt require too much hard work as its just mainly button pressing, its pretty good to play on a day when you have nothing to do, just sit back chill and play

16. Heavy Rain has an excellent story, and although there's multiple endings and replayability as far as the story goes, I don't know anybody who felt like playing through the entire game again to see another ending. Most people beat it once, get on the internet, and see what else could have happened.

There are sequences that will have you on the edge of your seat, but there's also times when things are really slow and really dull, and you find yourself wondering why you're even controlling your character and it's not just a cut scene.

I would recommend you rent it, not buy it, unless you can get it used for under 20 bucks.

Doesn't Heavy Rain have move support now? I wonder if that's any fun...

17. good thing the 360 has better games then :smoke:

18. yah that may have been true a few years ago, but ps3 has a lot of good games now. IMO a hell of a lot more than 360..

19. How can you say that 360 has better games.

PS3 has

Uncharted
    Resistance
    God of war
    Metal gear solid
    Infamous
    Motorstorm
    Heavy rain
    All classics IMO

what does 360 have? Halo Gears of war and splinter cell.

20. Today, I don't really care enough about either system to get into another console debate. They're both good systems; each with their pros and cons. Both have a great assortment of games

Besides, I posted that over a year ago and it hardly matters anymore since I've got a pricey gaming rig now

PC > 360, PS3

pick that apart however you like it